Working with 3D printed material

Just recieved the 3d printed hull from Vanguard Models and probably need to glue Walnut and probably brass to the structure. My question is what is the prefered glue for these tasks. Also I will need to paint this using acrylic paint if that is ok? Do I need to use a primer first and if so can I use a wood sealer or is a different primer required ? Best regards Dave

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

CA glue or epoxy to attach the wood and metal parts to the resin. Primer is needed for the resin and metal, if using acrylic paint.  As to wood sealer, someone else will have to chime in.

1 hour ago, thibaultron said:

CA glue or epoxy to attach the wood and metal parts to the resin. Primer is needed for the resin and metal, if using acrylic paint.  As to wood sealer, someone else will have to chime in. 

Thank you Ron for your quick reply It is much appreciated. As I have some metal primer at hand , can I assume I can use this primer for both resin and metal primer or is different primer required? Best regards Dave

Use a primer with solvents that are safe for plastic. Test it first on an area that will not be seen on the finished model.

I think plastic cement will probably bond brass to the printed parts. Epoxy will also work. It is more fuss than other single part glues, but (if mixed correctly) will bond just about anything to anything.

I would use epoxy to glue wood to the printed part.

Thank you guys for giving me something to work with. I am not sure I have anything other than wood/metal primer and or epoxy glues and CA but will do a few searches for plastic primer and see what I come up. It is always a good Idea to test with areas which can,t be seen first,so thanks for reminding me. Best regards Dave