Korabel Secret Vessel Morel Scale 1:36 Plank Beveling Question

I really enjoyed previous MSW builds of this unique model by shipmates: HardeeHarHar, Gummersall and Justin P and hope mine turns out as good as theirs.

I am confused by step 3.11 “Very carefully bevel the planking by the engraved lines following the scheme on Fig. 10.” First of all, I do not see any engraved lines and second, I am perplexed by the beveling illustration orientation. Is this an end on view? I have always beveled hull planks on the top edge only as described on page 31 of SIMPLE HULL PLANKING TECHNIQUES FOR BEGINNERS Written, illustrated & edited by: Dirk De Bakker (kelvin12) and Greg Brooker (gregb) With assistance from Dave Rogers (heliman41)

Any clarification you all could provide based on your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill

See below.

image.png.23dc15a2ff1685524f39baacf66b6d2b.pngimage.png.cf6aa8eb8d7823d760121184fe57d39a.png

:sign: I cant help you with your question but @HardeeHarHar just finished his I am sure he can help, when he see it lol.   Just wanted to say :piratebo5: and welcome to MSW!!!

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah

The Mayflower  Amati 1:60 Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   To be decided!!

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

19 hours ago, wlell said:

I really enjoyed previous MSW builds of this unique model by shipmates: HardeeHarHar, Gummersall and Justin P and hope mine turns out as good as theirs.

I am confused by step 3.11 “Very carefully bevel the planking by the engraved lines following the scheme on Fig. 10.” First of all, I do not see any engraved lines and second, I am perplexed by the beveling illustration orientation. Is this an end on view? I have always beveled hull planks on the top edge only as described on page 31 of SIMPLE HULL PLANKING TECHNIQUES FOR BEGINNERS Written, illustrated & edited by: Dirk De Bakker (kelvin12) and Greg Brooker (gregb) With assistance from Dave Rogers (heliman41)

Any clarification you all could provide based on your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill

See below.

image.png.23dc15a2ff1685524f39baacf66b6d2b.pngimage.png.cf6aa8eb8d7823d760121184fe57d39a.png

I was equally confused by the illustration provided in the manual.  I beveled the top edge, and shaped the plank further when it was required (not that often).  Good luck with the build (have you started a log?), and have fun with this kit.  The metal work is when it really gets interesting!  @Knocklouder, thanks for the shout-out homie!