Ratline spacing

Go to solution Solved by allanyed,

Please forgive me is this is answered somewhere else.

My current build does not have a full scale picture showing the spacing for the ratlines.  It shows that there are 23 of the "ladder" ratlines, but the picture if maybe .25 size.  I have seen a few answers for other scale ships, but nothing for a 1:80 scale.  Sadly, my math is not good enough to figure out the distance between the lines.

Any help?

Current build is the "Corsair" from OcCre

K. Arnold noobie with a LOT to learn

AL "Scottish Maid" renamed "Lady Gina"complete

AL "Virginia"  renamed "Gina Marie"complete

Al Virginia (second build) complete

Corel "Scotland" in progress
OcCre "Corsair" in progress

• Solution

Arnold

Ratlines were spaced 13 to 15 inches apart - David Lees The Masting and Rigging of British Ships of War, page 44. 

So for your scale it would be 0.1625" to 0.1875" (4.12mm to 4.76mm)  This does not mean they can vary on a given set of shrouds within that range though. Whatever space you choose, it should be the same for every ratline on every set of shrouds on every mast of your particular model.  

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU