Washington 1776 by B-Ram - Galley - from NRG Plans

Hello everyone,

I'm finally getting started on the Washington. The plans from the NRG are very nice and easy to understand. This will be important as this will be my first POF. I printed out the monograph and made it into a notebook. The ship will be built from cherry. I may use something else for the deck planking. I have purchased my wood from Ocooch Hardwood and have received it. The wood is of very good quality. Ocooch was very good to work with. I talked with Ethan from Ocooch and he was very helpful in insuring I got very nice lumber. I have also started the framing jig.

Bill

IMG_4140.thumb.jpg.c877065927f4b7f408ff884c27742b66.jpg

wash4145.thumb.jpeg.df03a603cd1879237ff49c5c30a5213d.jpeg

• 5 months later...

Hello No Idea,

Thanks for the encouragement. 

After building the keel three times and getting it wrong, I realized that the problem was not my level of skill (which is not that great) or the size of the plans, but my eye sight. I could not understand how I kept getting the measurements wrong until I looked at my work from under a magnifying glass. Then it all became clear (literally). So I have ordered a magnifying headset. 

Thanks, 

Bill

• The title was changed to Washington 1776 by B-Ram - Galley - from NRG Plans