Jump to content

No Idea

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About No Idea

  • Birthday 08/10/1967

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Dudley Black Country England

Recent Profile Visitors

911 profile views
  1. Yes that’s right and why you also use the larger diameter blade too. Jim recommends a certain blade on the website. It’s never going to be as easy as have a tilting arbour saw but why have another saw just for that purpose. It does take practice but doesn’t everything
  2. Hi Anthony - there is a fence fitted to the tilting table which I always use. Small stock I have found does not have to touch the bed as the tilting table is now the new bed. It’s hard to explain but once you’ve had a good play it all comes together. I’m sorry that I cannot be more descriptive
  3. I’ve got the tilting table and I find it easy to use. The reason is I actually use it and like any tool the more you use it the easier it becomes. It was a bit awkward at first but so was my first block plane. Once mastered it’s a great bit of kit and I do not regret my purchase at all. I’m just waiting on Jim to contact me so that I can upgrade the table to the larger size.
  4. Cheers Bruce - This is what I use here's a pack of 3 for £7.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sakura-Pigma-Graphic-Pigment-Calligraphy/dp/B01M24ONH8/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=3mm+chisel+tip+archival+ink+pen&qid=1606586152&sr=8-16 Have a play first but I have found that my best results are by using it on both planks that meet. Good luck!
  5. Hi Bruce - I've just taken this picture of my current build. Its pear wood planking with archival ink for the tarring. I've also experimented with boxwood and I had no bleeding with that either. I would suggest getting a pen and doing some trials first but I've never had it bleed
  6. I use a chisel tipped marker that is filled with archival ink. You can get them on the internet and the ink doesn't bleed. It makes the job so much easier.
  7. In my experience the best cut off switch is my wife - when she comes into my workshop and tells me enough is enough and dinners ready Always works for me!
  8. Hi All Not my sale but I found this today if it helps any builders on here. I use mine quite a lot its a great little tool. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aeropiccola-Electric-Plank-Bender/324371420787?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225076%26meid%3D9afe999851414b62ae580618277f14b5%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D293634870779%26itm%3D324371420787%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A4cfe2134-2689-11eb-8ac4-7aadce336392|parentrq%3Ac74023d21750a4d361e9136bfffa690c|iid%3
  9. Thats great thanks very much for your help - I'm off to buy a glue stick and get going on this build
  10. Hi Per thanks for the reply - do you use something like this Pritt stick? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pritt-Original-Childproof-washable-cardboard/dp/B004QFI99Y
  11. Hi All Could someone please recommend a good glue that I can purchase in the UK for fixing my paper templates to the wood for cutting out and shaping? I would imagine that the templates will be in place for quite a while but I don't want to do damage to the wood underneath when I remove them. Thanks for you help Mark
  12. Hi George - The build looks great. For stantions I used billings own 3 hole brass ones that can be purchased from Cornwall Model Boats if that helps. Here's a link to nearly 700 photo's of my build just in case it helps you. https://modelboatmayhemimages.co.uk/album/bXv Mark
  13. WOW ......................WOW............Your work is just beautiful. I just find this build so inspiring - fantastic work.
  14. I helped a friend who was struggling using silver solder. His problem turned out to be he was cleaning the joints using sand paper which was contaminating the joint. A quick swap to wire wool and the problem was solved.
  15. Hi Bob I have to say that I've used the miniature block plane to finish off just about all of the planks on my current build. I use this and a Lie Nielson violin makers plane and although the latter can remove more in one pass I would say that they are equal in capability on my builds. It's a great little plane that genuinely does the job in both removing excess material and cutting bevels. I have sharpened it twice in 3 years and it hasn't let me down or shown any signs of wear either Mark
  • Create New...