Hi all   could i draw your attention to a product that may be of some use to you if you need to stain some of your  wood for your models   ,it's some stain sample bottles that cover a lot of colours  from a company called     furniture clinic    here in the UK . The bottles are 15ml, they come in various pack sizes and colour types ,i bought 2 packs  1 x 5 bottles of browns and 1x9 bottles of various other colours  for less than £15   which seems good value to me , i have no connection to this company    it  just seems like something us modellers can put to good use    ps i forgot to mention earlier that i bought them on amazon ,again no connection        cheers

Hi vaddoc    no not tried it yet,  just started  panarts armed pinnace, still planking so not yet ready to stain   I can't see there being any problems (famous last words) may be in a couple days I'll give them a try on some scrap wood   we'll see how it goes      cheers

2 hours ago, sticker said:

if you need to stain

I have used these by Woodeedoo on my latest build, I they look good

NOTE: being water based, they do raise the grain which can show any sanding marks, so you do need to be careful with the rougher grades of sandpaper

https://woodeedoo.com/wood-stain.html?bottle_size=tester-10-ml

looks to be about the same price?

Tim

Edited by oakheart
added note

Current Builds :

Cutter "Speedy" 1828 from Plans by Bill Shoulders at 148

Bounty Launch - Scratch build - FINISHED
85 ft. Harbour Tug. scratch built  from plans by Francis Smith. ( FINISHED but no build log for this )

HMS Lightning. kit bashed from Deans Marine HMS Kelly kit ( FINISHED ) yes at last....