Jump to content

The Good and the Bad


Tigerdvr
 Share

Recommended Posts

The good and the bad. The good was that I did my first ratlines on my Syren's mainmast, portside. The rats were a bit too tight and caused the forward shroud to curve in a bit. I thought it was acceptable for my experience level. I used Neutral Ph adhesive to secure the knots not CA.

 

On New Years Eve I even found an inebriated seaman who was willing to climb my rats even if they weren't finished-see attached.

 

The bad, today I thought I would start the ratlines on the foremast while the knots on the main futtock stave set up. I checked to make sure I was using the correct rope. Then I checked again and again.

 

Nuts, the rope I used on the main ratlines was a hair (literally) too large. It might pass but knew it was wrong. I ran a couple of line on the foremast and could clearly see my error.

 

So I spent the last hour removing the "fat rats" and their knots. fortunately I didn't slice any shrouds. Thank goodness I didn't use CA and caught my mistake before I got any further into the project.

 

Another learning experience-- 

post-636-0-46451500-1388864127_thumb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...