Artesiana Latina HMS Victory 1:84 scale kit (REVIEW)

mtdoramike

Yes, it comes with three metal boats that require planking. The kit also includes sails, which is a major advantage if you intend to build it with sails. Most kits back in the day didn't include pre made sails. I got pretty good at using my wife's sewing machine and also hand stitching :rolleyes:Here is a picture of the bare boats unfinished.  

post-13395-0-42565100-1423261558_thumb.jpg

Edited by mtdoramike

do you think the life boats could be copied and made into wood lifeboats I saw somewhere that someone made wood life boats 

I'm not a big fan of metal life boats but I do like  Latina kits 

Ronald 

I was thinking would you know the size of the life boats if  so I might be able to get the wood ones from cornwallmodels

they have different size life boats for models

Ronald 

They about 95mm or 3 3/4 inches long. But 4 inch boats would work as well. I also have contemplated replacing these with wooden life boats as well and have thought about scratch building my own. But with a bum ticker and limited time left I figured my time would be better spent doing something else and since this model is being built as a donation, I want to make sure I finish it while I still can. I also have another model waiting in the wings that I hope to have time to build as another donation.

Mike

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, Robert Bradley said:

I bought the Artesania Latino 1/84 scale HMS Victory and the cd was blank!  (Ref.22900), Is there anybody out there that would be interested in selling their full size build sheets?

Robert,

I'm also building the AL Victory. My kit came with the plan sheets, but no CD (which is fine with me). However, I thought I might have been missing a sheet of plans, but after scouring the internet, I came across this link where you can find all the sheets. It appears I had everything to begin with. These sheets are for Ref.22900...

https://www.slideshare.net/CRF1/hms-victory-construction-plan-by-artesania-latina

My build log is on another site, and it seems like I can't cut/paste the link to it here. You can probably dig around and find it. There's not too many sites out there capturing build logs for ships (of scale - hint, hint).