Looking for some help - band saw manual - retitled by moderator

Hi everyone

The other day I ran into a good deal on a used 14" band saw.  Only trouble is there is no manual with it.  It is a dayton model 3z981 band saw originally sold in the '70s or '80s by Grainger but Grainger no longer supports this model and does not have any parts or manuals available.  It looks like a clone of an older Delta model 28-230 or similar Rockwell band saw with the cast iron frame and enclosed base.  Nice feature is a setup that allows 4 blade speeds, very low for metal cutting up to wood cutting speeds.

I am hoping someone here has a copy of the instruction/parts manual they are willing to part with or at least scan and email to me.  I have checked a lot of places on the net with no luck.

Edited by grsjax

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

Can't help with a manual, but I thoroughly recommend checking out this video on YouTube. If you search for Alex Snodgrass Bandsaw Clinic, you will find that this video provides all the information you need to set up your bandsaw correctly, regardless of brand. I've pasted a link below, but if it doesn't work, just search in Google and it will come up.