MONTANES by Garward - OcCre

The general configuration

Rig details are installed on a wood plate 450х380х24 the mm, the thickness collected from plywood of 10 mm and the laminated parquet board in the thickness of 14 mm. The plate is installed on furniture legs with adjustment possibility on altitude. The motor is installed on an antivibration pad from rubber in the thickness of 10 mm.

post-215-0-52412100-1364854707_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

Use of the machine:

whetstone 25х25 mm, a pear

laths 5х2 mm from a pear

post-215-0-32294400-1364855466_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

U are a master,we think about it,u made it....

All lovely tools from  were we only can dream...

A big shipbuilder and a great toolbuilder...

Yes Sir u are unbelievable,such a craftmanship....

I thank for such good mark of my work  :) !

Best regards,

Garward

Hello Captain Garward,

Hum more goodies form the equipment building section. I have one question on your equipment. I noticed the tilt table design which I assume is how you adjust plank thickness. I see in the pictures pieces in the sander without you holding them. To my understanding on typical thickness sanders the drum will grab and throw the plank threw the equipment if not held back from doing so. Is this the case with your's or does the tilt design create an auto feed machanism, which allows hands free working?

Either way, excellent work per usually, I'd expect nothing less. Thanks so much for sharing its build and construction.

Hello Captain Garward,

Hum more goodies form the equipment building section. I have one question on your equipment. I noticed the tilt table design which I assume is how you adjust plank thickness. I see in the pictures pieces in the sander without you holding them. To my understanding on typical thickness sanders the drum will grab and throw the plank threw the equipment if not held back from doing so. Is this the case with your's or does the tilt design create an auto feed machanism, which allows hands free working?

Either way, excellent work per usually, I'd expect nothing less. Thanks so much for sharing its build and construction.

Many thanks for the comment! The drum in this device rotates towards to the direction of giving of processed details therefore it is necessary to put insignificant efforts for detail giving on polishing (usual manual giving, the detail easily is kept by a hand if not to try to remove for one pass of some mm :) ).

Best regards,

Garward

• 2 weeks later...
14.3 . YARDS

I began production of yards also, as well as a bowsprit - preparations of a square profile are cut off from a pear parquet hoard, planed by a plane and lunettes are pierced on the machine with use mobile. Then on the central part of round preparations of the bottom yards with a diameter of 8 and 6 mm I tried to make an octahedral profile gluing of levels.

post-215-0-71211100-1365929908_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

14.3.1. Manufacturing of laths of an octahedral profile

The octahedron received after polishing of pasted levels, wasn't pleasant and I decided to make it directly of a square profile. There are many ways of the decision of this question (by means of a plane, a file, the milling machine tool and etc.), different labor input and accuracy of the manufacturing, everyone modeller chooses a way with reference to available possibilities. I have solved this question by means of  THE DRUM-TYPE GRINDING MACHINE  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/82-montanes-by-garward-occre/page-37
and overlays on a desktop in the form of an oak lath with a V-shaped longitudinal groove (groove surfaces form a corner 90 hailstones.) into which square preparation is inserted, and then its corners are ground before education of sides of the demanded width. Polishing is conducted on layers: the layer of the set thickness consistently from each corner of preparation, then the following layer and so on acts in film. Formed after removal of each layer of a side have almost identical width (to within 0,1-0,2 mm) on all length of preparation, process of increase in width of sides is well and precisely enough operated and supervised, than this way and has involved me. The surface of new sides needs only small finishing polishing, except that, the received profile facilitates and accelerates process of manufacturing of round parts of a yard.
Process of manufacturing of fore-topsail-yard Montanes is more low shown (nominal diameter of 6 mm, length of 310 mm, the yard middle has an octahedral profile in length of 80 mm) on this technology. The oak lath before groove manufacturing is ground for giving of parallelism to sides, the groove is executed on milling cutter MF 70 with finger-type mill a V-shaped profile (from Proxxon), preparation from a pear section 6,5х6,5 mm in length of 400 mm.

post-215-0-69638200-1365937724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

Polishing of square preparation is conducted layer-by-layer: the layer of the set thickness consistently from each corner of preparation, then the following layer and so on is removed. Being formed after removal of each layer of a side have almost identical width (with an accuracy of 0,1-0,2 mm) on all length of preparation, process of increase in width of sides easily both it is rather precisely operated and it is supervised, than this way and attracted me. The surface of new sides needs only small finishing polishing, besides, the received profile facilitates and accelerates process of production of round parts of a yard.

Best regards,

Garward

Cylindrical parts of yards are made of octahedral preparations on the lathe.

post-215-0-96768700-1365940079_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Manufacturing of round parts of a yard

post-215-0-64794200-1365940188_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward