MONTANES by Garward - OcCre

Directing for sawn preparations if necessary it is easily cleaned (leans back) for limits of a working surface of a table – for this purpose to unscrew the screw of a back clamp (a photo 35, the screw lies on a network box) enough. If to turn off one more of the nuts keeping an axis of a forward clamp (a photo 36) and to put forward an axis the directing will fall below a working surface of a table. On a photo 37 the back end directing with a clamp and the Г-shaped emphasis from a steel of 3 mm is shown.

post-215-0-36223500-1363385418.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

For a cutting of preparations under various corners the device  by a protractor from saw FET which moves on directing along a lateral surface of a table (a photo 38 – 40) is used.

post-215-0-23991400-1363386066.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

The table rotates on a steel axis in diameter of 6 mm which ends are fixed in vertical steel racks (corners) in the thickness of 3 mm (photo IMG _2109). Turn on 30 degrees of the flywheel shown on the same photo provides moving directing on a table surface on 1 mm, turn on 3 degrees gives according to 0,1 mm.

post-215-0-72480800-1363387070.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

On a photo 41 "stuffing" of a network box is shown – a nest of connection of a network cable, the button of management and the magnetic actuator which I have decided to establish starting with enough decent capacity of the engine.

post-215-0-03774900-1363387713.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Garward

Wonderfully made piece of equipment. There's just something about making it yourselve. In my chemistry research I had the chance to disasemble for repair and maintainance many wonderful toys, but the one I'll always remember is the instrument I built and did the bulk of my research work on.

Bet it works like a dream, looks like the rip fence can be installed on either side of  for left or right cutting.

Beautiful piece of equipment,

Keith

Garward

Wonderfully made piece of equipment. There's just something about making it yourselve. In my chemistry research I had the chance to disasemble for repair and maintainance many wonderful toys, but the one I'll always remember is the instrument I built and did the bulk of my research work on.

Bet it works like a dream, looks like the rip fence can be installed on either side of  for left or right cutting.

Beautiful piece of equipment,

Keith

Thanks for the comment! Finally I managed to construct the tool almost completely corresponding to my initial plans.

Best regards,

Garward

In summary I wish to tell that meanwhile jig saw I am satisfied by work, though already there are ideas for its completion. I wish to tell also that all who heard work jig saw  and FET (relatives, friends, neighbours), mark essential reduction of noise in comparison with FET (on hearing of time in two).

Best regards,

Garward

Hi Commander,  thank you wery much for your "dokumentation" of the jig saw...

Regards

Tylmo

Always please, Tylmo,  I am glad that this documentation is of interest for you :) .

Best regards,

Garward

Privet Commander, I want to ask you, if I can use part of your know-how in the production of your table saw ?

Thank you in advance for your approval...

:piratebo5: Tylmo

Hi, Tylmo! Yes, please use, in parts or all design - as it is pleasant to you. For this purpose the description also is published. If there are questions - please address.

Best regards,

Garward

I was just relooking over your masterpiece jigsaw and it is apparent that your skills for detail are not just applied to your ships alone. The true mark of a craftsman is his/her tools and in my opinion even more importantly the tools made by that craftsman.

I have recently been researching what is available commercially in the saw line and can find no equal to your creation. (the Byrnes appears to be a nice saw but they show so few pictures on their site). As I'm starting out in this hobby I'm looking into a ryoba japanese hand saws as a first step. One day perhaps I may develop my skills to the point of making something as magnificent as your jig saw.

I find some of the tools and jigs that MSW members create and their illustrating of the construction almost as facinating as the ship logs. Jobs I have thought impossible have been simpified by some members willingness to share information on methods and equipment perfect for the task.

On your saw, I love the interchangagable table slots for use with different thickness and sizes of blades and also the large table size. I believe you stated 380х330х5 mm, but it appears much larger then that. I also like the design of the fence and placement of the sloted fence to the out side where it is off the tables surface. The stationary fence and its long theaded adjustment screw is also a fine piece of machining work.

I especially find the connection between the electric motor and the bearing/saw assembly interesting. You stated air plasticine was used, which I'm unfamiliar with, does it set up as a hard rubbery piece? I see nothing holding it in besides the set screws on the collars of the two metal compressors. It reminds me of a neoprene bushings used in the suspensions of automobiles. So does this help buffer the blades engagement into the wood and is this what helps lower the sound levels of the saw?

I always love looking at the inside of any type of equipment. Up until now that has been primarily chemistry analytical instruments and automotive.

Thank you Sir for posting a large variety of photos and the diagrams, your efforts are appreciated.

Hi, Keith, many thanks for the comment! In reply to your questions I report that the form is made of self-hardening plasticine. After its hardening in it silicone (it is shown in a tube on a photo) is filled in and after silicone hardening (about 2 days) the crosswise plug is received. Via this plug rotating parts are connected from the electric motor and a saw. The plug prevents a contact of metal parts of the drive.

Best regards,

Garward

So it acts as a shock absorber, Thats what I thought.

So is that what makes the saw quieter, also?

I would think it would help reduce mechanical shock to the electric motor as the torque from the saw blade engages in wood. It is a very interesting setup and appears to be a more efficient way to transfer motion then by belt.

Hi, Keith!

You correctly understood everything, torque transfer improves, noise decreases. 

Connection which I applied in a saw - a self-made version of Elastomeric coupling R + W EK, TX1. Such connections are issued the industry, look at a photo and also, for example here http://www.rwcouplings.com/products/elastomer_couplings/index.php?adword=google/EKE/elastomer%20couplings&gclid=CPH3lJupjbYCFURf3god5DkAXw

post-215-0-65214000-1363852724.png

Best regards,

Garward

your workshop is just amazing

even if i dont know how to use those power tools, i wish i could spend several hours testing them

Current builds:

Hermione la Fayette - Artesnia latina 1:89

HMS Victory - Corel 1:98

Completed builds:

San Juan Nepomuceno - Artesnia latina 1:90

San Francisco II - Artesnia latina 1:90

Victory cross section - Corel 1:98

Thanks for the link Commander Garward, Sir.

I love looking at designs of any type of equipment. When I was a boy I use to pick out toys that I could disassemble rather then play with. It frustrated my Dear Mother to no end. Why do you tear everything up, she would exclaim, and I'd reply ...but I am playing by seeing how it works.

This was one of the things that lead me to analytical chemistry, the large variety of instruments. In grad school I fixed every instrument that broke in the department, so I could learn from the equipment rather then a textbook. I'm a very visual learner, (that why I appreciated your photos). I see these connectors come in multiple variations of splines (if thats what you call them). Yours is 4 spline, 2 on each side which form a cross for the elastomer insert. Seeing the various differing designs has my brain gears working.

Here in the US, I'm use to seeing belt driven mechanisms, and Ive always thought that there must be a more efficient rotational transfer system out there. Belt transfer loses so much energy in converting rotational motion to linear and then back to rotational motion, it also requires more space and belt tension forces shaft alignment problems which lead to bearing wear. I'm very intriged by this new (to me) concept and I find it really interesting that you have incorporated this fitting in your saw. The Byrnes (which many claim is the best) is belt driven, or I assume so as they sell a replacement belt.

So do you have access to all the machining equipment to build her yourself. I've only had one opportunity to play on a metal lathe and turning threads is such a fun process. I have for years wanted a metal lathe just for building tools. Your a lucking and talented man, Sir.

Thank You for sharing your time and expertise!

your workshop is just amazing

even if i dont know how to use those power tools, i wish i could spend several hours testing them

Thanks for so pleasant assessment for me my workshop! I had to spend a lot of time for its creation and efforts, but results while suit me.  :) 

Best regards,

Garward

Thanks for the comment, Keith! This type of connection justified itself in use my saw. It so was pleasant to me that I used similar connection and in other machine - the drum-type grinding machin which description I will publish a bit later.

Edited by Garward

Best regards,

Garward

Unbelievable job on the saw construction well build and laid out...looks as if I could plop a 4x8 sheet of plywood on top and cut it in half!

Have you a drawn out set of plans for this?  Great pictures

Many thanks for a praise of my work! As those I didn't do full-scale drawings of a saw as didn't plan it to build once again. Construction was conducted according to separate sketches and working drawings. Diameter of a shaft of the electric motor available for me, diameter of bearings and the sizes of saw disks which I wanted to use (outer diameter and diameter of an opening for fastening) were a starting point for their development. I chose the size and a table design after production and preliminary assembly of rotating details. Design of this saw, proceeding from the main ideas, it isn't difficult to reproduce under any other set of details.

Best regards,

Garward

Hi Garward,

When I take a look at all the tools what you have create I think I keep it it with building kits…...

I'm happy that I can buy those tools  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi, Sjors, unfortunately, not all tools which are necessary to us for certain works, it is possible to buy. I have a PROXXON tool, but all the same something should be produced with own hand.

post-215-0-50791700-1364031954_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Garward

Many thanks, Randy! It is pleasant to me that my work is pleasant to you.

Best regards,

Garward