US Brig Niagara by Walkdaplank - Model Shipways - 1:64 scale

Finally starting my build log. I have spent a good hour or so going through the kit and counting out the parts. Not too much missing, a few double blocks and 1 casting of a carronade roller assembly. Not too major but surprising. Being that it is a small part I will just try and carve one out of scrap wood when I get to it.

Finally starting my build log. I have spent a good hour or so going through the kit and counting out the parts. Not too much missing, a few double blocks and 1 casting of a carronade roller assembly. Not too major but surprising. Being that it is a small part I will just try and carve one out of scrap wood when I get to it.

Just send a note to Model Expo via their support link on the website, they'll send out replacement parts.  Unless of course you just want to make your own part for the challenge!

Good luck, will be following along on this one.

I am waiting for my Niagara and tools to arrive in the mail. Good luck with your build. I am following and will be watching with great interest. Once I get started I will make sure to start and maintain a build log of my own.

"Any officer can get by on his sergeant. To be a sergeant you really have to know your stuff. I'd rather be an outstanding sergeant than just another officer." - SgtMaj Daniel J. Daly, USMC, 1921.

:piratebo5:Tom  :piratebo5:

Current Builds:

1. Revell's 1/96 USS Constitution 

2. Model Shipways 1/64 Niagara 

Well , finally got some time to work. I have installed the keel, stem and stern post. Cut out the rabbet and marked the keel for the bulkheads. I almost forgot to taper the keel stem. I have just glued the first bulkhead in place. Not sure where I saw the lego brick idea but I thought I would try it.

post-15525-0-31213500-1416731946_thumb.jpg

post-15525-0-39026200-1416731976_thumb.jpg

post-15525-0-84395300-1416731999_thumb.jpg

post-15525-0-05331800-1416732013_thumb.jpg

I'm itching to get started with my Niagara, but first I need to finish two plastic builds before I pull the trigger on her. Did you run into the same issue with the bulkhead slots on the centerpiece not matching up with the plan sheet? Someone else mentioned running into that.

Edited by SgtSki in MI

"Any officer can get by on his sergeant. To be a sergeant you really have to know your stuff. I'd rather be an outstanding sergeant than just another officer." - SgtMaj Daniel J. Daly, USMC, 1921.

:piratebo5:Tom  :piratebo5:

Current Builds:

1. Revell's 1/96 USS Constitution 

2. Model Shipways 1/64 Niagara 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...