Jump to content

goemon

Members
  • Content Count

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Location
    Japan

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This is an image of the current Beagle. I also put Sapelli material on the keel part. The hinge part of the gun gate metal fittings is not reproduced. The bottom of the ship is coated with flaxseed oil, which is easier to use than varnish. The handrail has been cut from 7mm width to 5-6mm width. The diamond-shaped hollow of the part where the hammock is inserted cannot be reproduced. Since there is an exhibition, we need to complete HMS FLY by the end of June, so we may not be able to make Beagle for a while.
  2. Thanks Gixli,Cathead,Uncarina,Kevin,Brainpie and Pete. I don't really like the copper plate on the bottom of the ship. If I were to scratch build, I would stick a copper plate, but I didn't intend to stick this kit from the beginning.
  3. Two months ago, I started making OccCre HMS Beagle. The Beagle is a famous ship used for exploration by Darwin, who discovered the theory of evolution. The kit is a production manual only, no drawings A detailed production video from the manufacturer is available on YouTuber. The material of the kit is rough in a nutshell, but the laser cut is accurate. As for the deck, I felt that the 60mm designation was too short, so I put up a 120mm long board. The sides of the board are painted black with a 6B pencil. I cut a 23g needle and attached a stamp
  4. 15 century Spanish cargo vessel Production period is about 3months. It's not the same as the kit,but a few changes.
  5. Thank you for the nice comments and the likes. And every best wish to any who are setting out to build this wonderful model!
  6. Thank you everyone for your compliment. Image of handrail and rig production. I didn't know the height of the railing on the upper back deck and the size of the notch in the gun because there is no drawing and no size entry. Since the size of the grating was as large as a 2 mm grid, I changed it to a corel 1.5 mm grid. The inside of the gun port is made of mahogany, and the outfit is made of walnut. Two years ago, I didn't have the astringent red color, but if I make it now, I will paint it in the same red color as the alert I'm working on.
  7. Thank you Patrick and Steven. I'm a Japanese who is not good at English, so it's been a while since I last updated. The grating is a surplus of other kits The back window frame is paper. The back window frame is paper. The door frame is paper. Belaying Pin is bamboo skewers. The handrail and belay pin are oversized. The barrel is wooden.
  8. My rigging is slow and time consuming, but it's almost over. I didn't like rigging, so I thought the cutter ship would end easily, but it's difficult.
  9. Thanks ErnieL and KingDavid and also thanks for the likes everyone. This is the first time the rigging a cutter ship. I attached it to the bottom of the mast by increasing the size of the small cleat in the kit. The cleat is an etched piece that is too thin to attach to the shroud rope. I dug and stuck a 1x1 tree into the kit's cleat to tie it securely to the rope. My rigging work is not completed one by one, but by adjusting the whole. The foot rope is not included in the drawing to prevent the sailors from fa
  10. Hello to all !! Thank you all for your likes and for visiting my build log. I attached a rope to the anchor. I want to express the weight of the rope... Belaying pin is coated with a highly viscous adhesive to give it roundness. Each block was dyed with a piece of paper with its corners rounded. I was not good at rigging and the production speed decreased. The main sail ring was made by immersing 1x1mm pear wood in water and forming a ring with heat.
  11. I added wale because it is flat and the tumble foam is loose. The metal parts of Lower Teakney and Lower Gallery no longer fit. In the assembly manual, the upper hull will be added after trimming. It is easier to make it all at once. The bottom of the ship was painted by mixing white and sail color at a ratio of 50%. Since attaching the upper deck makes it difficult to manufacture, complete all outfitting before attaching. The French ship noticed that the deck was curved according to the hull, but the plate attached to the kit co
  12. I painted it with a brush. In my case, paints with low hiding power, such as white and yellow, are painted with an airbrush, but since the range of painting is small, it is best to paint with a brush.
  13. This kit took 9 months to complete. I think the production time for one day was 3-4 hours. The hull was built in 3 months, and the mast and rigging took 9 months. Box wood is used for the upper part of the hull. The lower part of the hull uses wood from the kit. The thickness of the bulkhead was as thin as 3mm, so I couldn't continue to make the bottom from here. I cut and glued the remaining veneer board of the kit to the bulkhead . At this time, I knew only balsa wood as the filler. I didn't like balsa because the thumbtack doesn't wo
  14. Hello all, This kit was made two years ago. First, the image I love French freegate ships such as La Flore and La Renome beautifully. This kit is modified according to my taste. I think there are some mistakes. I will also write a record of the production.
×
×
  • Create New...