gunport eyelets for Jotika's HMS Pickle

Hi

Are these the copper eyelets or are they from a photo etch fret? I have buit 3 Jotika models now and have used both with no problems due to size, the copper are quite soft and easily deformed.

Norman

Norman

Current build Trumpeter Arizona 1:200 with White Ensign PE and a Nautilus Wooden Deck.

Built Caldercraft Convulsion, HM Brig Badger and HMS Snake.

Awaiting - Zvelda HMS Dreadnought planning to get the Pontos Deck and PE Upgrades, Panart 1:23 Gun deck model and couple of the cannon kits Manatu - French siege mortar, and American coastal cannon.

I had been having a problem with dropping small parts.  Seems like I was spending as much time searching the floor as I was building the Syren. 

I had a piece of light weight canvas left over from some painting so I clamped one end to the table and pulled the other end over my lap and up to my chest.  It does very well for catching small parts that "jump" around.  Some of the rascals still disappear but only a fraction of what I was losing.

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

Several hints:

- Do not use pincers, use pliers with pointed head, they work much better, less danger of kazooong

- Use the white cloth as suggested, but also on the floor and the rest of the table

- and the best, put the eyelets on the  leash: take a thin thread or wire to pass through the hole and you can find and retrieve the part quite easily :-)

XXXDAn

To victory and beyond! http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/76-hms-victory-by-dafi-to-victory-and-beyond/

See also our german forum for Sailing Ship Modeling and History: http://www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com/

Finest etch parts for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller Kit) and other useful bits.

http://dafinismus.de/index_en.html

Fred,

If I didn't already have the beers I would not be dropping that many parts :-)

Seriously, I do get up and down a lot so while it is clamped to the table, it is only resting on me, not attached. For those times I use it, I just pick up the non clamped end and put it on my lap then just let it drop off when I am done with it. Getting up and down is easy.  The light weight canvas is stiff enough to stay leaning against my chest without dropping.

Richard

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren