Bluenose by genericDave - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

These hand made Bluenose sails are breathtaking. I am building the Benjamin W Latham. I wish to ask someone with a sewing machine to do the sails. That' lame, I know.  I have never sewn and desperately wish to delegate the work task. Would anyone be willing to locate presewn sails for this model (I have not seen any listed) or make them for me for a fee?

Steve Pareles, Irvington, NY 10533 USA *spareles at geemail dot com"

SNAG-0218.thumb.jpg.260bdfac8cf5e9c7a932a98d587614fe.jpgSNAG-0218.thumb.jpg.260bdfac8cf5e9c7a932a98d587614fe.jpg

SNAG-0218.jpg

SNAG-0037.jpg

Edited by StevePareles

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. I'm currently building the Bluenose myself and using Bob's practicum. I think you were using it too. I'm soon to be starting the rigging but I notice from the practicum, Bob doesn't do all the lines. I haven't started yet but it's my first ship and I'm trying to get in as much detail as possible. I've been following your build and it's helped me so much with small detail that's hard to make out on the plans. I want to replicate the rigging as much as I can. Bobs practicum has helped me so much but I'm the kind of person who wants as much detail in as I can. Any advice? Your brass bits are amazing. I won't be replicating those like you have but I'm doing my best. Just a little worried about all the rigging to do and that I'll leave out stuff. Not sure if I'm going to ad sails but I at least want the rigging done properly. Thanks in advance.