Howdy all

husky1943

I feel a bit silly, but I'm finally introducing myself after joining back in 2013.  My name is Rob, and I have been modeling since I was about 10 years old (43 years give or take).  Nothing special, but I have done figures, tanks and sailing ships.  I am currently building a 1966 version of the Mayflower (which holds up extremely well after all these years).  I will post some photos, but my progress is slow (especially now that summer is coming and I have a lot of property to mow). 

I have read a lot, learning a lot and viewed a lot, and I can say that I have seen a lot of real talent and innovation in this sight.  You guys and gals are really good at it!!

Look forward to a lot more learning and enjoying.

Rob

Welcome aboard Rob,

It doesn't matter that your progress is slow. Modelling is all about patience, not about speed.

Is your Mayflower made of wood or plastic?

Looking forward to your photos.

I wish you smooth sailing and happy modelling.

Regards,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Welcome to MSW Rob! Glad you have decided to join in more directly. You will get even more out of the site that way with good companionship and answers to those questions that arise. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing your Mayflower!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Hi Rob,

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Geez, thanks everyone!  I am already feeling at home here.  Anja - the model is plastic, made in 1966.  It was on sale on ebay years ago, and I just bought it (I think for less than $20).  Yeah, slow is how I am moving these days.  Again, thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.

Rob