San Juan Nepomuceno's longboat by Richmond - Artesania Latina - Scale 1:25

Well my first ever wooden ship build will be the San Juan Nepomuceno - Boat Auxiliar a cheapish model I picked up from an online retailer (BNA) here in Australia. Without much further ado here is a photograph of the kit unboxed. I had to scale this down as I believe there my be a limit to image size on the forum.

IMG_0802.JPG

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

I am on R&R today so more modelling time.  

Instruction Reference 1

I have fitted the 4mm plywood frames and transom to the 4mm plywood keel and I found these to be a very accurate and tight fit. I have decided not to glue them, as far as I can see, they are not going anywhere. There are small 4mm ply reinforcing parts at the transom and bow that need gluing in but I have left these for the time being.

Instruction Reference 2

I then fitted what is called up in the instructions as the deck, not sure this is the correct term? This was laser cut from 1.5mm plywood and I found this to be very troublesome part, it was quite difficult to get in position and I was afraid of damaging it. Once it was in, however, it was not going anywhere.  I will need to glue /clamp to get it to fit flush to all the frames.

Photographs

Hopefully these don't need any explanation.

By the way I am using an iPhone 4, it's a work phone given to me in 2012. I am adverse to lining Apples pockets however perhaps now's the time to ask my employer to get me the latest model or maybe I should just invest in a digital camera!

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

• 7 months later...

Artesania Latina's official website sometimes carries .pdf instructions. I think this one has a parts sheet callout available too. Search for this boat there and look under the 'instructions' tab.

Alas no plans. Again.

Edited by Nikiforos

Great work Richmond. Looks like you’re off to a good start. 

Cheers

slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)