Jump to content

Return of old member


Recommended Posts

Welcome back

Greetings Patrick

Regards, Patrick


Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 


Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Modern Russian vehicles 1/72


Si vis pacem, para bellum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to All for the welcome.


At the moment I am working in South Sudan and will be home next week to continue sorting out my builds shed. The wife is happy now that the build is out of the house. on the last home rotation I erected a 3mx3m shed, installed lights, plugs, shelves and a work bench (will post photos later). This time around is to organise the placing of all my stuff as well as making a place for my Proxxon Lathe DB250 which is enroute from Germany. The next will be the Proxxon mill and then I have 95% of what I require. The other 5% remains open should any requirement surface.


I need to complete HMS Victory and thereafter start on the Sovereign of the Seas. An Elderly gentleman gave me to the Bounty to complete as is eyesight has weakened considerably.


At present in my off time I am learning how to use AutoCAD to loft my own plans for a scratch build. One of the reasons why I am getting all the required tools.


I have lots on my fork to do and my time at home is short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What have I done so far. In preparation to do a scratch build, I have been building kit boats and studying AutoCAD as I have the time to do it here in South Sudan and at the same time will be doing a bit of carving as the last I did was a chess set using a Victorinox Pocket knife, whilst in the military on deployment.


At the same time I have been do research on building wooden ships and increasing my collect on the books to build. I have not decided on what to build at this stage as I am taking baby steps in gathering info and learning/reading, before progressing to the next step.


I am also buying tools that I will require to do the build. Recently bought a metal/wood lathe and on my Home leave in December a friend is coming to teach me on how to do lathe work for both wood and metal.


Please advise if there is anything that I must research and it will be greatly appreciated.


Cheers from a Sunny South Sudan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Castos!!!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.


Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons


Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.


So much to build, so little time!



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...