Maine Lobster Boat by Trawlergeek - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters - Scale 1:12 - RADIO

• 7 months later...

The Bluejacket Lobster Boat is a great kit. I built it several years ago and made a few modifications. I changed the solid drive shaft to a flex drive with the teflon lined brass tube, I included a drive dog and thrust bearing as I wanted to have a greater selection of props. I added a gear box with that allows for interchangeable gears as well as a NEU brushless motor and water cooled speed control. The top deck was made with 1 piece of wood as opposed to two and I relocated the steering servo to the engine compartment like the midwest kit to avoid any possible water damage. I also added scale figures, working running lights and a working spot light. I made a larger instrument panel with a few more gauges, a chart plotter, VHF, rope guard over the holler. Also a radar, antenna and buoy on the wheel house were included. Longer spray rails were also part of the upgrades. And last was the removable hatch, I used magnets as opposed to velcro to hold it in place as it provided a much better fit and is stronger.