Sorry for a need help to identify post

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section .

First one is do you think its worth getting restored , broken masts and rigging , nothing else as it needs to be as original as possible.

its a  folk art / sailor work tall ship circa 1860 , 

It was suggested by Military Historian - there's a reasonably strong likelihood that it is meant to represent the loss of the HMS Birkenhead. And the Soldiers and Sailors on the ship are portraying  The Birkenhead Drill  .

The ship is not in the best condition and  is not much like the Birkenhead  but he also said  - Arguing against it is that she was also steam propelled and had paddle boxes. But this man was not working for Airfix making scale models or such like. He presumably would be passing time on long tedious sea voyages (or in old age). It was a massive global story of its day, so much so that legend has it that the King of Proosia [sic] had the story read out at the head of every regiment in the Prussian army.

The second one is ( well not sure ) its a antique Spanish galleon made from plaster and  wood  I think this is an antique tourist piece  

Any help thanks 

DSCN9503.JPG

DSCN9491.JPG

DSCN9477.JPG

DSCN9474.JPG

DSCN9472.JPG

DSCN9468.JPG

Were it I, I'd Super Glue the mast back together being extremely careful NOT to break any rigging lines if possible then find rigging line to match the original as close as possible. I'd only replace those rigging lines that are broken and if original lines droop, let them droop. Under no circumstances would I touch the paint, leave it as is. Put it under glass and enjoy the history of the piece. 

I agree with Keith.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

7 hours ago, macmac said:

not sure about the rigging

I don't know what the appraised value of the ship is nor do I know if there is any historical significance to the piece? If the monetary value is significant and if there is a historical aspect then I suggest letting a professional conservator do the work. If it's value is only in what it means to you and there is no historical tie, by all means, do the work yourself. If your skills are limited and you do the work yourself, know going in that you might screw something up. Knowing one's limitations is the key to success. Restoration is the last resort in the preservation of a piece and should not be taken lightly, as they say, "it's only original once" 

Thanks Keith , I will have to get it appraised , I would want it done right . it once was under glass a very long time ago found its of glass under years of dust .   I know its not a close resemblance to resemblance to HMS Birkenhead but would of been made by a sailor on  hearing about the disaster and he would just of know the Birkenhead as a frigate and never seen her .  I  always wondered why they where stood  in rank and all had sad faces but it

makes sense.   

I have tried to contact a few museums but just get (Sorry we don't comment on individual items) so don't know what to do

1 hour ago, macmac said:

I have tried to contact a few museums but just get (Sorry we don't comment on individual items) so don't know what to do

Many of the larger auction houses have complimentary "appraisal days" when you can bring in anything and get their opinion on what it is worth. You might check out Sotheby's or an outfit like that.

6 hours ago, macmac said:

i am at a disadvantage as i live in the northeast of Scotland

You're going to have to use the internet, hopefully you find someone who can help you with your ship.