Ugears big rig and trailer

Next, on, as the gears turn.

Big rig, car carrier and jeep. Plus more of that amazing rubber reactors.

Big rig.jpg

Boxes.jpg

Trailer and jeep.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

I didn't realize this is not by Ugears. I hope the quality is as good.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Instructions and parts.

Instructions.jpg

Parts.jpg

In Dry Dock:

Dunno what it is, but it's done.

It's a much softer wood and needs a little sanding here and there.

I don't know what it is, but it's done. Pic 1 of 2.jpg

I don't know what it is, but it's done. Pic 2 of 2.jpg

Edited by Clueless
Addendum

In Dry Dock:

Wowza  that  looks complex.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Gears in the frame. This is definitely not as high quality as the Ugears. Loose, sloppy and hard to figure out what order to put parts in when assembling the frame and gears.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Frame close up.jpg

frame underside.jpg

Frame.jpg

In Dry Dock:

off to a good start! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks you kind sir!

In Dry Dock:

Here's hoping pictures are worth a thousand words. I'm having a hard time getting the pictures and the text to appear in the right order so I'm numbering the pics so you can hopefully see what I'm talking about.

1. This is where the next gear is supposed to go. Not a hole, but a place where it can move. 1337201273_2thisiswherethenextgeargoesin.Oneoneachside..thumb.jpg.03d48d861735329a4d31801a9e45d919.jpg2. This is a part that goes across the top. You'll see it better in picture number 5. See how much room there is for travel?275392312_1thisishowfarthepccanmove.thumb.jpg.cd52ec9c7676f00eebd9bfa5ea946be5.jpg

3. This part is supposed to hold the gear in place. Notice it too can move. A couple tooth picks hold that top piece in place.

418953133_3dontmesh.Thisishowthepcisheldinplace.thumb.jpg.aa5a77142472a3549adca4923adb360c.jpg

4. As you can see the gears don't mesh. 513179865_4dontmesh.thumb.jpg.f83de08e0a2d713d007d228b7b7ec60c.jpg

5. This is how scewed the top piece can be.

1783156672_5scewed.thumb.jpg.9c46b62e49842e60d8a3f9bd589b09e7.jpg

6. Removed the cover and tried again doing nothing different (That I know of) and it lines up.

990801800_7.Removedplateanditmeshes.thumb.jpg.0b6316c3ade36cbe747d5ded046b2c6a.jpg

7. Cover back on and good news! 27270010_8.Onesideinright.thumb.jpg.a2cf1a1d5375a7cfde185a04234a9646.jpg

8. This is where the gear goes on the other side.893816067_6.Thisiswherethegeargoes..thumb.jpg.5a9d980b97375ec51c4579ef06a1f7bf.jpg

9. The other side again. No matter how many times I try I cannot get that gear in. I can't hold the top in place at the same time I hold the gear in place at the same time I put the cover on it. 1142484255_9.otherside.thumb.jpg.dcbeaceb117c63f118485bdb9e0bed4f.jpg

Obviously nothing is moving:) Even before adding these gears, it's very difficult to move the gears. The gears are supposed to go all the way to the front and move the pistons. Unless someone else can see something I can't I'm thinking the engine is seized before it ever starts the 1st time.

In Dry Dock:

well.........looks like you've definitely found some puzzles. :ph34r:  back in the old days,  my dad used to use STP.........swore by the stuff.  in the winter it was hard to get it out of the can,  so he'd put it on a Bunsen burner to warm it up.  he didn't think to crack open the can first though..........what a mess!  :D   keep at it.........you'll figure it out ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I'm not going to bother. I searched Amazon for ugears and didn't realize this was not a ugears product. Went back to Amazon to check the rating and it gets 2 stars. Ordered a couple more ugears that got 4.5 stars. I'll finish it but I don't care if it moves or not. Would have been cool to see the pistons going, but I'm not that patient. Unless it's a ship which I won't be doing until we move this summer.

I found several issues in the instructions. It'll say to put a part on the passenger side, when in fact it goes on the drivers side. Too late to fix now without completely taking it apart which loosens the parts so they don't fit tight.

Edited by Clueless
Addendum

In Dry Dock:

did you go by another user name a while ago?   you seem familiar.........   what do they call that....dislexia?  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I used to be "Justblowinginthewind". I started out as clewless, I thought it was clever. I changed to JBITW when I found a picture of Sara Palin with her hair blowing. When Trump was elected I changed the avatar to one I found with his comb-over blowing in the wind, but I got a warning from some complaints. Someone else snagged clewless so I decided since I can't do anything with wood, I'd use my current handle.

Fact is, I'm bi-polar and have seizures, and the meds I take make it hard to focus or concentrate so I have a hard time with anything that takes planning and concentration. I was an electronic information security officer for a multi-national LLP, but I retired because I can't learn anything new. I can't keep up with new technologies. I used to be great at chess, but now I can't finish a game without getting frustrated. Probably because I always lose:)

I can build a ship until it comes to to rigging. I did a fantastic job on the Niagara until it came time to hang the spars. I can't get the rigging taught. But I enjoy the quiet of a ship so I will never quit trying. I LOVE tall ship. BIG fan of C.S. Forrester.

Edited by Clueless
Typo

In Dry Dock:

Apparently I'm the quitter my daddy never raised. I tossed this in the trash and bought 2 more that are definitely ugears.

Which one should I build first? Both have moving pistons.

which one.jpg

In Dry Dock:

sorry to hear of your ills........interesting you picked this hobby,  since it is jam packed with such a roller coaster of triumphs and failures {pardon for being blunt}.  it is a plus though if your desire is to keep your problem solving skills up to snuff.  your attitude to keep trying is commendable too.......never give up with something you love.   you have a small handicap,  but we all strive to create the 'near' perfect model.......so we're in the same boat so to speak.........a lifetime of trying..........periods of crying..........perhaps one of these days,  we'll catch a break  ;)   I thought that's who you were.......reading your logs made me even more sure.  you are talented,  so keep up the good work.    have you seen all metal erector projects out there?  I would think that if there's a problem,  you'll be able to take it apart and fix it.  still following .........these sort of model projects are interesting.

I'm not a T supporter............nobodies perfect

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I'm not a T supporter............nobodies perfect

I am a nobody. Nobodies perfect.

Thanks for the kind words.

I had no idea those sets were still around. I gotta get one for my grandson. My brother and I had a half dozen sets back in the day and we once built a robot. If I recall, my brother built a control box and could make it walk. Big sucker too.

In Dry Dock:

I haven't looked for them,  but there are some really neat science kits out there........we get them for our oldest grandson.   the last one we got him,  he had it assembled in a couple of hours!   I used to enjoy the erector sets....buy others and connect them together.  mine had hand cranks..........today's kits have electric motors :( ..........nothing like spoiling a kid.....harumph!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Yeah, we liked combining them and making new things.

How old is your grandson? Mine is 12.

In Dry Dock:

Chase is going to be 12 too..........13 in November :)   he's a huge lego nut

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Shawn is my son's step son. They don't get along too well, but they did recently build a plastic model car that they kinda sorta almost bonded over. I just bought the train that I did and will send it to him soon. Should take a lot longer than a plastic car and he'll for sure need my sons help. If for nothing else than his strength. Those parts fit tight. Especially the tooth picks. And there are a lot of them. Shawn gets frustrated pretty easy and my son has the patients of a saint. Didn't get that from me!

I'm hoping it doesn't back fire.

In Dry Dock:

we do what we can........sigh........neither one of my two got into modeling.   electronics are their things :rolleyes:  hope it works out.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: