Sergal #787 regarding their two instruction manuals for their Sovereign of the Seas kit

Hi Mates,

I would like to acquire - see bad images below (from YouTube still framed) the two instruction manuals that are included in the current generation kit. I know that one of these is available as a pdf. but it does not enlarge well.

The actual booklets (both) would be much better. If you have built the Sergal SoS, and still have those two booklets lying around, and don't need them anymore please PM me -- I'll send you a check or cash for the two booklets, your time, and shipping costs.  I just go hold of an 1980s old "new in box" #787 --- kit has no booklets, no images, just very bad english text build instructions.

PS: All other plan sheets were indeed there along with many hundreds of metal decorative parts all in small bags - oh my! Thanks in advance for checking in.

Regards,

IMG_2939.jpeg.a333e45c1be32ea16328a20fd069d82a.jpegIMG_2940.jpeg.e9a4c82bf36c043108c3e862fe8eb921.jpegIMG_2941.jpeg.ab4bdc47794c2d159599617b8d305514.jpeg

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Michael - I no longer have the plans or that somewhat useless little instruction booklet,but I think those two booklets you have circled are just brochures about some of their products - basically mini catalogues.  Not really useful in building the ship.  I have a Sergal Cutty Sark in my stash & it has those same brochures in the box.   In fact,all the Sergal or Mantua kits I`ve done had those brochures.    Maybe someone who has built the new version could chime in about the actual instructions?    You might search the forum for someone who has built the newer version & check with them.      As far as all those bags of decorations,I think they are packaged according to where they are grouped on the ship.  If you just open all the bags & mix them together,it would be quite a job trying to determine where they all go.  There should also be a number of profiled brass strips that you will have to cut to size for all the borders between the decorations.

Mark

current build - HMS Vanguard - Model Shipways

Good idea - will do thanks

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

I would like to offer an observation here, When it comes to a ship model kit of the caliber of the Sovereign, Victory and numerous other expert level kits, you really shouldn't need the instructions and should have the ability to build mainly by the plans. If you have 5-6 midlevel kits under your belt, then I would give the Sovereign a try without worrying about the instructions, which on most of these foreign kits are more of a hinderance then a help.