Help with drill press vice

I have a dremel work station to which I added a XY table. Now I need to purchase a drill press vice or machinist vice. Not sure how to mount this on the XY table or which vice to purchase. There are several options in the Micro Mark catalog but I'm just getting more and more confused. 

Any specific advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Current build: NRG Half Hull

Previous build: MS Bluenose 

You might want to check out Little Machine Shop. They are very highly rated by the model machining guys. https://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_category.php?category=1963256912  They probably can advise you if you give them a call. You'll want something that mounts easily on your X-Y table. You may want to stick with the vise that is made by the company that made your table to be sure you get one that matches up. You can always cobble together a hold-down arrangement, but it's nice to be able to have a vise that lines up with the slots on your table.

Check also Vanda-Lay Industries. https://www.vanda-layindustries.com/ They make a line of drill presses and drill/mills based on a Dremel-type rotary tool (or a Foredom flex shaft type) that gets loads better ratings than the Dremel brand drill press does. I've dealt with them and they are good folks. (They are a small family business that reminds me of Jim Byrnes.) Their mill vise is only $40.00 and shipping is free if you buy it with their mill.  That's about the least expensive vise I've seen around lately. https://www.vanda-layindustries.com/html/mill_accessories.html

vice_display.JPG

Edited by Bob Cleek

If you look at the picture of the X-Y table on the Micromark site, you'll notice two pan-head Philips screws and washers attached to some nuts down in the T-slot. In the vise that Micromark sells (#15118), there are two slots in the base of the vise. Those screws will go down through the vise base (washers under the screw heads) into the T-nuts and allow you to tighten the vise down to the table. 

Although that vise is somewhat lighter than real machinist vises, I think it's adequate for your use because you're just using a Dremel anyway. You're not going to be doing any heavy-duty machining - probably just drilling holes. Although I don't use an X-Y table on my drill press (early Micromark version) I do use that vise for holding things I need to drill and it works just fine.

Hope that helps -

John