Hi All

I'm currently building Le Rochefort and I was hoping that someone could help me interpret a drawing.  I believe that the line on the drawing that I have indicated is the limber channel that is cut into the bottom of the frames?  Does anyone know if this is correct or am I misinterpreting this particular feature.

Thanks Mark

61AFDD25-BFB6-4682-8350-46F335285BDE_1_201_a.jpeg

Have a look at the drawing on Page 21 of the French book. You'll see the little notches at the base of the frame floor. You'll also see them on pages 23 and 24 of the French book where they are discussed in detail. I don't have access to the printed version of the English translation, so I don't know the page numbers of that version. If you need more help, let me know.

It's worth reading through the whole book and study all the plans first so that you can think about each step. Even better would be to buy Ancre's guide to the Rochefort build. You can purchase directly from Ancre. It's only €46 and well worth it.

Tony

Hi Tony thanks for the reply - That was a timely reminder to me to read a little bit further than I did!

I'm using Ancre's plans which are so detailed and yes you are right they are discussed and the line on the framed sheer plan is for the limber channel.  I'm thinking about cutting these in as I'm building in 1/24 scale.  I've still not quite made my mind up on this.

You may be amused to note that in French the channels are called the ‘canal des angouillers’ or the eels’ channel. Slippery customers! Very appropriate!

Tony