Ship Building Support / Dry Dock Model Base

So, I'm not only not sure what to call it, but also where to post this. Mods, feel free to move to another forum.

I'm looking at ways to support the 1:98 scale HMS Victory cross section model I've been working on, and am considering some kind of simplified wood "building support or ways" or "dry dock" made of scale lumber, such as might have been used during construction of the vessel, or possibly for repairs in dry dock. I know a "real" dry dock would be impossibly large and not add to the model, but have seen some simplified examples, mostly on imported models from China, that look pretty good, something like this:

USS-Bonhomme-Richard-POF-Cross-Section-Pear-1-48-Wood-Ship-Model-Kit USS-Bonhomme-Richard-POF-Cross-Section-Pear-1-48-Wood-Ship-Model-Kit

I doubt this is at all accurate: for one thing, the side braces don't appear that they are at a sufficient angle to stay in place and support the ship. But - it looks pretty good.

Anyhow, an Internet search as well as a search here found nothing I can really use. Does anyone have any ideas or information on how to construct something on this order, preferably something reasonable, if not completely accurate?

I'd prefer this to the suggested screws into the keel mounted to the round base or columns. This, I can adapt to the hull and be sure at least it's standing vertically; screws will, I know, just tilt the model to the side, and possibly skewer something critical in the process.

Look to Dodds & Moore - "Building the Wooden Fighting Ship"

They have many examples of ships in various states of construction in dry dock, including Victory (see image).

1.thumb.jpg.d43c98bf16f48f8091b1fc3d65013039.jpg

Edited by Justin P.