Mississippi by reynard - OcCre - 1:80

I ordered my kit from Cornwall boats on Sunday, received a email yesterday from Fedex saying would be delivered on Thursday, received one today saying it was out for delivery. When it arrived I opened it up to check that all was ok to find I had 6 panels of wooden parts but 2 were the same and so one was missing. so have sent message to Occre.. Just realised that the photos I took are on the other pc so will add in a while.

Currant build: Mississippi  OcCre

part built:  London type B tram OcCre

Edited by reynard

Hope you can sort out the contents and get started soon. Lots of folks seem to enjoy this model, so I hope it serves you well. Looking forward to seeing how you make it your own!

I did  a bit of work on my tram this morning, gluing the side frames, as I had the glue out I thought I would make a start on making the small bits, tables and chairs etc. I took photos then deleted them off of the card.

I puzzled over the chairs for a while then I had a light bulb moment....piccy one

rest show production line I can make 15 chairs at a time now just with drying time in between.

spraying equipment arriving later from zone of am. managed to get the correct paints yesterday all from Cornwall except 2.

that's all for now.

DST_1752_1280.JPG

DST_1750_1280.JPG

DST_1751_1280.JPG

DST_1753_1280.JPG

Edited by reynard

• 2 weeks later...

I received the missing deck part from OcCre today 14 days turn round. When I fitted the deck I noticed that as it followed the line of the false keel

it is dipping in the centre so that from bow to stern it is about 3mm out of true. is this correct? I was thinking that the wall etc have to fit on this  as well.

thanks Reynard.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am back in the ship yard after being ill, I have finished the main deck. Do not know if I did wrong the way I laid the planks, I think other decks I will do strait. hull is now planked and I have started on the cabin walls, planking the outside seemed to go strait.

I saw a message on one of the blogs here, that it is easier to do the wall papering before erecting the walls. This I have done as well as fitting the doors and windows as they needed a lot of fileing to get the right size. The next job will be to spray the required walls ochre and then when all the walls are done start to fit them. While I have the air gun out I will spray all the windows black and the doors their required colours well.

IMG_0074_1000.jpeg

IMG_0071_1000.jpeg

• 2 years later...

I like the way you planked the deck.  Nice job.  I'll be starting my river boat this winter (maybe in a few weeks) but I have wrote a message in the Painting section.  I'll post it below.  I'm mainly asking about paint colors, OcCre paints are way to expensive for me.  What brand have you been using?  Here is a list of colors:

• 19141 - Judea Bitumen
  • 19142 - Primer
  • 19300 - White
  • 19301 - Black
  • 19305 - Ochre
  • 19306 - Yellow
  • 19307 - Dark Brown
  • 19310 - Red
  • 19314 - Light Green
  • 19315 - Dark Green
  • 19380 - Gold
  • 19381 - Copper