DAS WERK - 1/72nd - Naval Dry Dock Kit

yvesvidal

72nd%2Bscale%2BDry%2Bdock%2BDas%2BWerk%2B%25281%2529.jpg

The Modelling News: Das Dock for your Das Boot from DAS WERK - Their New 72nd Scale Drydock in the Werks...

This new kit from Das Werk:

This is a kit that comes in a total of 366 parts from the laser-cut wooden board supplied by Malaan Lasercut.
72nd%2Bscale%2BDry%2Bdock%2BDas%2BWerk%2B%25283%2529.jpg

The dock is designed to suit the examples in most European countries from time zones of the 1890s and 1960s. Of course, it can be used not only for not only Das Werk's 1/72nd scale SM U9 but also for other companies' 1/72 scale ships and submarines.

72nd%2Bscale%2BDry%2Bdock%2BDas%2BWerk%2B%25284%2529.jpg
- You can choose whether or not there is a factory wall adjacent to the dock.
- The stone wall and factory wall are reproduced with precisely printed texture prints.
- To further enhance the look and feel of the diorama, there are accessories of the dock included in the box
-The keel blocks, gangways, scaffolding, wall signage and other details are all included in this kit.
72nd%2Bscale%2BDry%2Bdock%2BDas%2BWerk%2B%25282%2529.jpg
This kit is scheduled to be released in May 2021

• 1 month later...

Ahoy Mates

I have the basic dry dock put together now. Just waiting for the Laser Engraved Brick set to get to me now. Here's  some photos.  Advice in building is to get a sqaure block so that you can glue the uright end sections to the large outside parts square. And work your way down the sections. Look and sight dwon as you build so as to see any out of line parts as you go. I used PVA glue NOT CA! CA doesn't give you time to line up an adjust the sections that you glue. Build it on a board that is flat, I use cling wrap to keep it from sticking to the board or work surface. Boris checked out the fit-he approved! 

DSCN9686.JPG

DSCN9694 (1).JPG

DSCN9689.JPG

DSCN9693.JPG

• 7 months later...