How can I find out how much a mode kit is worth?

Mleal

I was give a US Constitution ship model ship for my son.  It looks really old and appears to be made in Italy and the instructions and book is in Italian.  I’m not sure if everything is in the box or not.  I was going to throw it away but someone suggested I do some research on it.  Can anyone direct me?  I have no clue about any of this.

Good Morning,

Ebay is a quick way to find the value of a kit.

In terms of dollar value, most likely an older kit is not worth very much.

The kit could have educational value for your son.

New kits are made with laser cut parts, which save the builder time because less work and skill are needed to prepare the parts.  Older kits typically have the lines of parts printed sheet stock - which means it takes much time and skill to prepare them.  

This means older kits are less appealing, therefore less demand, therefore less value.

That being said, if your son is interested, try building it.  It could be a great learning experience.  Model building teaches skills like following directions. understanding plans, instructions, and three dimensional relationships.  And the satisfaction of seeing something built with your own hands.

Cheers!