Question about stern planking for OcCre HMB Endeavour

First of all I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong area and use the wrong terminology.

I've just started building the Endeavour, and am in the process of laying the first planking. However I noticed something strange in the instruction at the stern of the ship where the rudder goes. The rudder 'pole' is meant to go all the way through to the deck, how the structure below appears be blocking this from happening. The instruction don't appear to explain what to do here. Has anyone who built the Occre Endeavour come across this or am I am missing something. Do I cut the obstruction?

I have uploaded the step I'm up to clarify my explanation. 

Many thanks

Umberto

Untitled.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Hi Umberto

There is a piece blocking the rudder at this stage, indicated by the arrows below, it is enclosed by the two pieces no. 57 

Later on in the build you are required to drill that section out with a 4mm drill to be able to insert the rudder post

Cheers

Steve

1744113442_IMG_6324(800x600).jpg.41ca2207ba3854bc08a988b3bb4e0cc9.jpg

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 2:00 PM, Umber said:

I removed the obstruction and it now looks good and the rudder will go through easily.

Hi Umber,

I had the same issue with the instructions about the rudder, and chose the same solution like you.

That leaves two subsequent issues in my mind:

1. The rudder will not be able to be moved, and is fixated in the straight position. Which to me was not a problem but:

2. The opening for the rudder will likely be rectangular and quite tight, so you will SEE that the rudder cannot be moved. Which would be a bummer in my eyes. There's two possible solutions in my head. First you could change the opening to be round. Second you could follow the Marquardt drawings and cover the hole with some piece of cloth or leather.

IMG_6016.thumb.jpg.eb1847ab251a8b23df6fd9408f9400de.jpg

I would really be interested in your thoughts on that matter, as I am not yet decided which way to go...