Billings smit rotterdam planking help

Hi picked up an old second hand rotterdam kit. I'm about to glue the flat sides on part 26 and start planking. The instructions say to glue each side (part 26) on one at a time however I've always planked a POF model with both sides done together to prevent warping.

Should I do one side at a time? In my view it seems both of these side pannels should be glued together. 

IMG_20210617_182642.jpg

Years ago I helped a friend with building this kit. I don't think we followed the instructions all that much to be honest but we did do the hull both sides at the same time. They are some pretty large sheets and to be honest don't bend as easy as one would like.

We remade the entire superstructure from plastic, so I still have some stuff laying around in the basement for this kit. I could gather it up and send it to you if you wanted. I forgot what all it is but could possibly give you some spares if you needed. 

Good luck on your build.   

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Do one at a time if the model is built up to the same degree as shown on the plans.  The pieces being attached are not going to put any strain on anything.  No problem with doing the bulwarks on one side and then the other.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS