Book for 'sale/free' Fighting Techniques of Naval Warfare

Just like a kitten:  Free to good home.  Except, you won't have to feed it.  

It's an extra copy I found on my book shelf.  I figure someone might want it for their research library.  

Pay for shipping in US, it's yours.  I estimate that US Postal will be around $10 - 12 US.  If you want to pay for other method, let me know, I'll look into costs. 

I will tie costs down based on zip codes and other factors. (Shipping from Raleigh NC.)   I will accept personal check.  

Details:

Title:  Fighting Techniques of Naval Warfare 1190 BC ~ Present.  (Subtitle: Strategy, Weapons, Commanders and Ships )

Fiveauthors  See the photo below of back dust cover flap for their bona fides. 

'Present' ends a bit beyond the Battle of Midway and a reference to '1954 USS Nautilus' submarine.   Lots of drawings, cutaways, and prints.  All the battles analyzed include a battle map.  I found it an interesting and informative read.   

This is the Metro Books version (2013 copyright) which is an exact reprint of the original Amber Books, Ltd. version (2009).  Hardback.  256 pp includes the index.  Five chapters:   1.  The age of the galley; 2. The age of the cannon; 3. The age of sail; 4. The nineteenth century; 5. The modern era.  

Excellent condition.  The dust cover has a wrinkle in the front flap.  This link to this Amazon.com listing has the inside dust cover copy/description.  

https://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Techniques-Naval-Warfare-Commanders/dp/B005X4HJXY

1086427731_Fightingtechniques.png.8bfd4bc70b7b92568b4212d7f6832e69.png  

The authors:

405853166_Fightingtechniquesauthors.png.e04f6b7651ee0e731b2df52ecacb9479.png

Edited by robert952
I can't count (5 not 4 authors)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert Chenoweth

Current Build: Maine Peapod; Midwest Models; 1/14 scale.

In the research department:

Nothing at this time.

Completed models (Links to galleries): 

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

Dinghy; Midwest Models; 1/12 scale

(Does LEGO Ship in a Bottle count?)

PM sent.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Got PM.  Seems home has been found.

Robert Chenoweth

Nothing at this time.

Monitor and Merrimack; Metal Earth; 1:370 and 1:390 respectively.  (Link to Build Log.)

Shrimp Boat; Lindbergh; 1/60 scale (as commission for my brother - a tribute to a friend of his)

North Carolina Shad Boat; half hull lift; scratch built.  Scale: (I forgot).  Done at a class at the NC Maritime Museum.

To be perfectly clear...I sent the book to the person who replied.  It is no longer available.   

Robert Chenoweth

Nothing at this time.