Borodino by RN77 - Dom Bumagi - 1/100 - CARD

Good Evening Folk

Using Captain Slogs diary for inspiration, I was a bit concerned about lining up the decks one on top of the other as they are not the same width or length, as pointed out by the Captain

There is no instructions for this step

The templates I am using have 10 cutouts on each deck so I am assuming I have to line these up with the use of a tab

Wondering if the Captain could not use this method as he was using the laser cut parts and there was no cutouts on the decks?

Nothing glued as yet on the upper hull, but I have noticed that my port n stbd sides are not quite symmetrical in certain areas

Hopefully I can improve on this once the upper deck is planked...may have to double plank once the lower and upper hull is joined together permanently 

Hopefully make some progress over the weekend

tab.jpg

Hi RN,

Good to see progress on this.

Yeah I made tabs from the waste laser cut forms to place in the slots to align the decks but didn’t glue them in.  I can’t remember but I think final positioning was with the Mk 1 eyeball to get even spaces all round. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)