Bundling oars

Hello Joseph, welcome to the forum. You have asked a good question, thank you, and I will watch for the answer(s). It may well depend on when and where, but let's see what happens.

Why not post a bit about yourself and your project in the New Members Introduction thread?

Regards,

Bruce

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Hi Joseph,

I agree with Bruce, it would be polite behavior if you would first post a hello and little something on the new member forum. 

I also agree you have a good question and I too am anxious to see if there is a contemporary answer to your question.

In the meantime, welcome to MSW!!

Allan  

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hello Joseph.  I agree it would be nice to know a little about you.

If you mean oars stored in a lifeboat, in contemporary terms we never tied oars - they simply lay on the side benches of the boats.  If you mean oars stored outside the boat for some reason, then any secure lashing would be appropriate.  For previous centuries, I'm afraid I can't help you.

John