Off and running with the schooner rigged pond yacht

Mike, it could have been rigged with just a boson's chair. I personally don't like the looks of ratlines as they disturb/break the flowing vertical lines of mast and shrouds. 

Fore-and-aft rigged schooners often did not have rat lines, and the spacing between your shrouds makes it unlikely that the boat had them.

Access to the upper mast was either by bosun's chair as Kieth said, or just by climbing the mast rings when the sails were set. And "bosun's chair" is a rather loosely defined term. Often it is just a rope sling that you sit on while someone hoists you up the mast.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. I have been looking at this piece of bronze hardware since I purchased this project. It was with all the proven parts and pieces but to date I have no idea where on this model it would belong. Could it possibly be part of the pond yacht steering??? Can’t wait to see if this puzzle gets solved . Thanks again to all who have been so helpfull

C6A25F37-2B77-429D-8877-E3FAB77391C7.jpeg

A8538DD5-5044-4CE3-9DA7-E18FAB1C4A73.jpeg

Mike, will the mystery object slide over the tiller? The only thing I can even speculate is that it's a rudder limiter. It's a weird one that's for sure.  

Hello all , I have been dabbling with some running gear. I was able to determine the length of the main boom from the remnants of them main sail. I had a couple pieces of it and fabricated the missing pieces. Not too bad , I have to do some additional blending of the finish but at a glance I think it’s going to look ok . I replaced the main sail sheets , from what I can tell I replaced them to what was originally there.  It appears this was typical to all 3 booms . I am looking for opinions or comments to see if I am on the rite track. I have added a few photos , my questions are , should there be rigging in the center where my fingers are pointing in the photo. There is an existing pulley on the boom and a center connection eye on the aft deck ?? Also I have added main boom end lift rigging. I had nothing left of original and decided to rig it from a plan I saw here on this site.  Thanks to all and God bless EE664E55-47B3-4F1C-AA1D-587B8ED26EFD.thumb.jpeg.9b3544c4f90828bfb7e4732a18a8407f.jpeg5A108338-CCFB-48BC-814F-3E704D62C321.thumb.jpeg.aff3fa1cfef7c44cea6d2c32f1f53dd4.jpeg

A2663B9C-D4D8-4EB5-A161-7281D775AADA.jpeg