Hi All,

Could anyone give me an idea of a Memoli 1/90 Victory?

The kit is unstartled and, everything sealed.

I am thinking that it's time to sell this.

Cheers....HOF.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

Amati/Partworks 1/200 Bismarck

A/L Sanson

Thye Mamoli 1/90 scale Victory retails new for around $800.00. The rulke of thumb is usually 50% of retail on resale of kits. But it really comes down to what you want and what someone is willing to pay for it. If it's an out of production kit and someone just has to have it, the sky is the limit. I have seen this kit go for $250.00-$300.00 on Ebay. I know this is probably not the news you wanted to hear. 

I don't see where Dusek has released a new version of the 1:90 Victory.  The kits out there will be the original Mamoli kit which have been out of production for several years.

I'm seeing them on eBay for $449 and up..

Edited by Gregory

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

7 hours ago, mtdoramike said:

Thye Mamoli 1/90 scale Victory retails new for around $800.00. The rulke of thumb is usually 50% of retail on resale of kits. But it really comes down to what you want and what someone is willing to pay for it. If it's an out of production kit and someone just has to have it, the sky is the limit. I have seen this kit go for $250.00-$300.00 on Ebay. I know this is probably not the news you wanted to hear. 

51 minutes ago, Gregory said:

I don't see where Dusek has released a new version of the 1:90 Victory.  The kits out there will be the original Mamoli kit which have been out of production for several years.

I'm seeing them on eBay for $449 and up..

Thank you Gentlemen,

Some food for thought....

I have seen a couple on E-Bay for over USD 700.00

I'll give it a go on the New Zealand "Trade Me" site first and see how I get on.

Cheers and Regards,

Harry.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro

A/L Sanson

The real question that you need to answer is “what is the market value where I live?”  If people are quoting USA EBay prices, they are based on freight charges to destinations within the USA.  Overseas shipping charges are much higher.

If there is an active market for your kit within New Zealand these EBay prices might be realistic but if you have to ship it overseas you might have to discount it to account for higher shipping costs.

Roger

19 hours ago, Roger Pellett said:

The real question that you need to answer is “what is the market value where I live?”  If people are quoting USA EBay prices, they are based on freight charges to destinations within the USA.  Overseas shipping charges are much higher.

If there is an active market for your kit within New Zealand these EBay prices might be realistic but if you have to ship it overseas you might have to discount it to account for higher shipping costs.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the advice.

Cheers and Regards,

Harry.

Completed Builds:

A/L Bluenose II

A/L Mare Nostrum

Sergal/Mantua Cutty Sark

A/L Pen Duick

A/L Fulgaro