Malek Adhel by Django - FINISHED - RESTORATION - Captain E. Armitage McCann Brig Model - original 1938 Build

What every one else said @Django!

We all have our ruck sacks with different kind of baggage. It's part of what we are in some sense. I'm glad that you could disengage the model from the baggage you carry.  PTSD is a powerful spell! I have it close, and it is, as you state not the persons fault not being able to coup with it. People that suffers from PTSD needs therapy so they can come back to being "normal" functioning individuals.

Again, well done on the restoration!

Happy modelling!

Håkan

Current build: Atlantica by Wintergreen

Previous builds

Kågen by Wintergreen

Regina by Wintergreen

Sea of Galilee boat, first century, sort of...

Billing Boats Wasa

Gallery:

Kågen (Cog, kaeg) by Wintergreen - 1:30Billing Boats Regina - 1:30Billing Boats Dana

A little post-finish work.  I made a base from a quarter sawed Oak plank that was laying around.  It contains the original blueprints, Popular Science Magazines, spare fittings, line and tools along with Captain E. A. McCann’s 1926 book on model ship building.  It raises the model up by 2 3-4” so the engines are less distracting.  I will have a plaque made that identifies my father as the builder and will include the name of the ship and the years of the build.  I also removed the cigar company graphics from the front glass of the cabinet, (kind of a shame).

EBD77AB5-1569-4972-B308-3164F7B3E74A.jpeg

DB13EBF6-F583-48D2-9DB5-7FB774A680AD.jpeg

E937DBBA-337A-46CE-8D0D-278CD300B17D.jpeg

D57CD7A7-C81A-4E6A-B8E2-7E41536BA50E.jpeg

• The title was changed to Malek Adhel by Django - FINISHED - RESTORATION - Captain E. Armitage McCann Brig Model - original 1938 Build