Correcting my location

Go to solution Solved by Jack12477,

Hello there,

This is an oddball topic and I'm not totally sure where it should go.

When I created my account here, I entered my location as the Eastern Woodlands, because I preferred that to being listed at a town.  I've just noticed that the community map has parsed this as The Woodlands north of Houston, TX.  Is there a way I can correct this other than just putting down my exact locale?

Thank you.

If it doesn't exist, I'll just have to make it myself.  Doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain about it.

Go to the upper right side to where your ScreenName is and click the little down arrow.  Then click on Account Settings from the dropdown.   On that screen go to the right side and you'll see "Edit Profile". Scroll down and you'll see "Location".  You can change it there.  After changing it, scroll to the bottom of that page and click "Save".

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you.  I've tried it, but it doesn't seem to change anything.  The problem appears to be that the system controlling the community map interprets "The Eastern Woodlands" to mean The Woodlands in Texas.

---

It's kinda looking like the only solution is to give a state or city name.  Even something as specific as "The Delaware Valley" gets misinterpreted.  And leaving the location blank means the map still shows the previous location it assumed for me.

Edited by Dan DSilva

If it doesn't exist, I'll just have to make it myself.  Doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain about it.

• Solution

Click on screenname as Mark said, select profile, then scroll down until you see the community map in lower left, click on view full size map at bottom of map, then click My Location in upper right of map. Now comes the finagle part , click Update Locate, enter zip code, city, state or wherever you want to be.  If you choose Current Location it uses your IP address of your internet provider.  Finagle with the map itself to get the location you want. Then click Save when done.