Hi all, 

well ...sort of unusual post from me...but its part of mshipworld and better in community here I guess before I turn into oblivion of ebay :)) 

I decided to let myself made 1:48   winchelsea ( syren ship)  go for the reason I can keep hobby afloat.

If there might be small intetest at least :))) 

im writing here ss if you may know someone in UK or US whom would model make happy for little more than I paid for parts or if someoje would like to continue rig her......tons of hours not counted. I would happy overall. I dont like to mesh with quality terms like "museum" blabla we all know what it means someones work is showing itself, i guess likes on pages showed at least few portions of overall huge commitments could fall into category...:) 

some parts were myself made...color is pretty much true to famous Greenwich museum protityoe model was taken of off...

my honest log is very well open here and here is few photos of process. 

maybe I could make nice stand as we go...

many thanks, ...

few pics in my dropbox ...

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/33dbuwhldr7pfrgg2xrle/h?rlkey=b3c74u4ckqfoyggo1lec76a9w&dl=0

thanks much

Vladimir, Slovakia 

Edited by Vladimir_Wairoa
add

Absolutely beautiful Work Vlad. First off, you need to list where you are located, how much you want for the model, willingness to ship and geographical shipping area.

There used to be a website called Tall Ship Models inc. owned and operated by Morey Benton out of Canada where I used to have several models listed for sale as well as receive commission work from his site. I believe his site is out of business now, the last dealings I had with him has been close to 10 years ago. But this was back when options were limited, now you have all kinds of free to minimal fee sites to post your wares. It's a shame not to finish it after all the work you put into it. I have seen a few representations of the model you built, but unfortunately none with mast and rigging again a shame because that is the best part of the build to me.  

40 minutes ago, mtdoramike said:

Absolutely beautiful Work Vlad. First off, you need to list where you are located, how much you want for the model, willingness to ship and geographical shipping area.

There used to be a website called Tall Ship Models inc. owned and operated by Morey Benton out of Canada where I used to have several models listed for sale as well as receive commission work from his site. I believe his site is out of business now, the last dealings I had with him has been close to 10 years ago. But this was back when options were limited, now you have all kinds of free to minimal fee sites to post your wares. It's a shame not to finish it after all the work you put into it. I have seen a few representations of the model you built, but unfortunately none with mast and rigging again a shame because that is the best part of the build to me.  

Thank you for compliment and useful response Mike. 

Ah well,  you may have than missed clipper glory of the seas - now fully rigged in progress :)) ! :) 

and thank you very much for pointing to some direction. im located in europan union obviously but shipping of unmasted boat is less painfull finantialy as well... i guess price of work could be handled directly to satisfaction on both sides after there is interest...

I used to be in touch with reseller from germany who recently passed away and closed business :( ....i see some "premier ship model sites with strange models " at last to me...wooo hooo...

anyway i would leave it here for some time now...

V. 

I have packed and shipped my rigged most with sail, tall ship models to numerous states within the U.S. and a couple to Canada. The trick to packaging a Ship model is to build a wooden frame (I use I" x 2" wood boards. I then have a base board or display base that the model is securely mounted to and seure the base to the bottom framing of the shipping frame. Once it is secure with no movement, I then take heavy duty cardboard and staple it on all 6 sides of the wooden shipping frame. But before I place the top piece of cardboard on, I fill the entire cavity with shipping foam peanuts to the top of the box. Then staple the top. Lastly, I place packing tape over all the staples to ensure nothing gets snagged during shipping. I have used this method a minimum of 40-50 times in the past 30 or so years and at best the only reported damage was a couple of rigging lines came loose.