HMS Pegasus 3D model available for purchase

hello folks!

if you remember a topic from a few years ago about HMS Pegasus 3D model I did for David Antscherl and Greg Herbert, I said the model would be available for purchase once it's finished. I've talked to Chuck and he OK'd me posting the info here. so, the ship is finally available, you can get it on Artstation.com online marketplace. sadly, I still haven't finished the sails. I'm still working on them from time to time but the progress is slow and with my very limited free time it'll take a while. and I still can't stand digital ropes, 🤣. if you're OK with that you can get it here: 

https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/oBMje/hms-pegasus-swan-class-sail-ship

now, a few big disclaimers before you spend some cash:

- you'll need to create an account on that website to be able to purchase the product. the membership is free, but you can't buy it without one

- you need to know your way around in BLENDER. it's a free 3D modeling software in which the ship was created. in order to view and inspect the model you need to know how to navigate in Blender, select and isolate elements, turn on/off materials and such... it's not that hard to learn but it is time investment nevertheless, so if you've never heard of Blender or never used it before, maybe hold off on purchasing the model before you get yourself acquainted with the software first.  

- you'll see two prices listed on product page - one for personal use and the other for commercial use. if you're not going to use the model for a video game, commercial animations and whatnot, go for personal use (this ability to list two prices based on how the ship is going to be used is the main reason why I chose this marketplace. others don't allow it)

- while Blender does have some limited ability to show some measures it's not a technical CAD program, so there's no ability to show technical drawings and precise measures like in Solidworks, AutoCAD or Fusion360

- you need to have somewhat powerful computer to view the file without it being a lag fest.

- I guess any graphics card from Nvidia 20xx series and upward (and their AMD equivalents) should suffice (I'm using GTX 1070Ti actually, and have no problems with viewing and modeling, but this card is definitely on the lower end of the spectrum, especially for rendering). I imagine computers and laptops with integrated graphics will have a hard time, if they can run it at all

- 8GB of RAM and more (preferably more, for smoother experience),

- 1GB of disk space to store the file. 

inside the file you'll find a model of the ship and all of the materials packed in. parts are organized in collections which you can hide/show and you can do the same with individual parts for close inspection.

image.thumb.png.699255618a5e75c7fbb56cc88162cef6.png

image.thumb.png.c9185fefac33153c026ee42dde000bde.png

image.thumb.png.267f69f5f46faa5a7847066c08c860e6.png

you can show/hide stuff/materials in viewport:

image.thumb.png.ae5070a8229d3f7dd4a015f72e600033.png

image.thumb.png.073072707fe82994996829773ae24b61.png

image.thumb.png.7fbb18e5af4200eb17a0c143d40bf0d6.png

image.thumb.png.8193b11fba1dc545a19c493e7db486e1.png

you'll see these objects shaped like crossing axes at the doors and some hatches, called empties. these are objects that I have parented doors to. select one of these and you can open and close doors. :D

image.thumb.png.9eee54769f00d2869cf5e8a7a8a6a7ea.png

image.thumb.png.04c20d89dd19a1e6afa6493e39f37415.png

and I think that's about it. should you have any questions or run into problems feel free to contact me here or via PM. I hope you'll enjoy using the model and may it help you with your builds. and, once more, carefully read the disclaimer so you don't end up purchasing something that won't be of use to you.

cheers!

Denis

PS: here's the current state of sails:

image.thumb.png.5cf78facb290474bc77e87513ac369ae.png

cheers!

Denis

Current Build: HMS Pandora 3D modeling

Swan Class HMS Pegasus for Admiralty Models 3D Build

My other 3D work: Artstation

Looks interesting, Denis.  I'd suggest you do a similar post in the "Traders and Dealers"area since you're selling.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

2 hours ago, herask said:

thanks, Mark. will do, if Chuck agrees with it. he suggested that I post it here...

Ok.   I'd probably go with what Chuck suggested then.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)