Sanding and drilling pens

Hello Les here. I have a new tool to me in my must have tool box. It is the DSPIAE Electric sanding pen. It is a rechargeable mini Dremel like tool. I have used it to drill very small holes and do close grinding. For close in work it kills the Dremel or other similar tools I have. It isn't as powerful as a rotary tool but it fits very well in the hand. You can purchase a tungsten drill bit set separate. The drill was $39.97 Can and the drill bit set was $10.97 here in Edmonton. Please check it out. And no this is not a commercial. Check out their web site to find a distributor near you.

I think this is internally the same as that Chinese-sourced that was given to me by my wife a couple of years ago.

I found its RPMs rather aggressive for many applications. It also somewhat irritating that on switching on you have the highest RPM and then one steps down. The high speed seems to be due to the fact that it is mainly inted for glass-engraving with diamond bits.

I suppose this tool also does not use collets, but is bored for the ubiquitous 2.34 mm-shaft tools. You can get burrs, drills, grinding stones, polishers, sanding arbors etc. from many different sources, though the quality may vary ...

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

So further to this topic. The pen starts at it's lowest setting 5000 rpm. Then 10,000 and 18,000 rpm.  The optional micro drill bit set has 10 bits ranging from 0.3 to 1.2 mm's. I find it also works well on resin figures. No it does not have collets but I can use the 2.34 mm Dremel and others in this unit. So far So good.