Heads for the Mayflower

I'm doing a build on the Trumpter 1/60th. Mayflower and I'm about to start some sub-assemblies and noticed that the model had no head.  I did a quick search on the net and really didn't find much. One article stated they used a chamber pot(s).  Does anyone know if the ship had a head for the bow? if so, any drawings could help, I'll need to scratch build one.

Edited by Jake Groby

The heads (seats of ease) would most likely have been located on the head grating to either side of the bowsprit.

The Mayflower has a similar design to my build, the Revenge.

This is my head grating.

IMG_7725.thumb.jpeg.229697bc256b30f605fc71b73f500842.jpeg
The blue circles are approximately where I’ll be putting the heads on mine.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Hi Jake, I wonder the same thing when I was building my Mayflower, by Amati.  All I found out was they used chamber pots on the bow grating. I guess they sat anywhere  from the ladder to the door, just guessing lol20230224_135437.thumb.jpg.b0c8ddb6c46bc4498ae9b23e403bdd98.jpg

Now I don't have to ask Grandpa Phil what is  "seats of ease" . Hope it helps .  :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati