Vanda-Lay Micro Lathe

I have a Vanda Lay AcraMill with the drill press accessory.  It has an X-axis adjustment that I used on my riverboat to drill a bunch of holes the same distance apart.  I realized I no longer need the X-axis accessory; my hobby CNC machine can do the same thing.  I bought the Micro Lathe accessory to repurpose the AcraMill and it works.  I can switch it back to the drill press configuration with a few screws.  It is a versatile tool.

P1060126.jpg.ac4ee980c1bd38d0e92ef09b47c2d98d.jpg

The Vanda Lay is designed to hold a smaller Dremel tool than what I have, I got stiffer springs for the drill press configuration to handle the weight of the Dremel 3000. I like the Vanda Lay because it can hold a Dremel tool which lets me use both hands with the material I’m working with.  I made several drill press tables, I used the one with hold downs as a jig to assemble railings for my riverboat.  The drill press configuration picture shows it with a burnishing bit which I use to burnish the edges of leather projects. 

VandaLay-12.thumb.jpg.3766f37dd4ba85b66948747ac6340973.jpg

Completed Build:   King of the Mississippi by Cleat

An excellent light duty tool system given the price point. Well worth what they charge for it, although it becomes far more effective if used with the much more powerful low-speed/high torque power source of a  variable-speed foot-controlled Foredom flex-shaft machine with a standard one-inch diameter handpiece. Vanda-Lay advised me they can provide a holding fitting for these upon request (or one can be easily machined from stock aluminum plate.)