This is an “opened for inspection” copy of the lovely kit of the Mary Byrne, an Australian Colonial era brig from 1826.    The kit is laser cut, with high quality fittings, and comprehensive plans and instructions.   (There are a few build logs here on MSW showcasing this fine kit!)

The kit sells for about $235 plus shipping new.  I am selling my copy for $117, plus shipping from New Hampshire.   

I have only sold a few books here on MSW, but I have great references from Hyperscale, RCGroups, and Ebay I can share with anyone interested.  

I’ll take Paypal, venmo, etc..   I’ll use Pirate Ship to keep shipping costs down.  

Why am I selling it?   Simple reason, I’ll never build it, and I want to buy a laser cutter!

If you want any other photos, or me to check something in the kit- please ask.

-Bill

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

In progress:  

BlueJacket Lobster Smack 1/8 scale (RC)

1/96 Revenue Cutter Harriet Lane RC scratchbuild

completed:  

1/144 scale USS Guadalcanal CVE-60 RC scratchbuild

Revell 1/305 USCG 327’ Secretary class cutter

Dumas 1/16 scale USCG Motor Lifeboat 36500 (RC)

Lindberg 1/95 USCG Lightship LV-112 “Nantucket” RC conversion

• 1 month later...

Kit is still available.   

Please note-  contact me via PM if you are interested.  I will reply to that message using the pm function.

If you post a reply to this thread here saying, “I am interested- please send me a shipping quote”    and then get an email as the first reply, offering  to sell the kit if you pay via Friends and Family-  someone is likely trying to scam you.   

I will only reply to an initial contact via PM-  that way you’ll know it is really me.

In progress:  

completed:  

Posted (edited)

Kit is SOLD.

In case you are wondering why I posted about using the PM feature, here’s a story and lesson learned.

I lost a sale and my prospective buyer lost $120.  

I recently had a different kit for sale on an RC forum.  A few weeks later, a guy posted in the thread saying “I’ll take it.”.  (He did NOT use the PM function to contact me, so I didn’t get notified.)

A scammer promptly got back to him via email, and convinced him to send payment via Paypal Friends and Family to get a discount on the sale price.   The (foolish) buyer did that, and is now out $120 with no recourse.

I learned of this a few days later, when I was browsing the forum and found his comment on my listing saying he was scammed.  (Admitting he screwed up.)

From now on, I will explicitly add the comment about using the PM feature in any listing I create, and recommend others do so as well.  

(I later sold the kit for less to a local buyer, so my loss was only the $20 discount I gave to get rid of the item.)

Edited by Rcboater Bill
fix typos

In progress:  

completed:  

• The title was changed to SOLD: Modellers Shipyard kit: Mary Byrne 1826 Admiralty Model