La Couronne 1637 by Greg Davis - Corel - 1:100 scale

3 hours ago, Greg Davis said:

This is a wonderful offer!

The castings I am most looking for are the 14 closed gunports (roughly 1cm wide) as well as the (8 cm) ship's boat. The capstan is also missing, but that I can recreate if necessary.

If you do find them, we can arrange shipping etc.

Thanks!

Greg

I will take a look around and see what I can find.  I’m not optimistic about what you are describing, in particular.  Most of what I remember was strictly ornamental: figurehead, fleur-de-lis, the big stern carving, the main lantern, and some other stuff that I don’t remember.  Castings/pressings of what I have may be better than whatever iteration of the kit you have now.  I’ll look and keep you posted.  In any case - if I can find it - you are welcome to it.

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

25 minutes ago, Hubac's Historian said:

I will take a look around and see what I can find.  I’m not optimistic about what you are describing, in particular.  Most of what I remember was strictly ornamental: figurehead, fleur-de-lis, the big stern carving, the main lantern, and some other stuff that I don’t remember.  Castings/pressings of what I have may be better than whatever iteration of the kit you have now.  I’ll look and keep you posted.  In any case - if I can find it - you are welcome to it.

That's wonderful that you will take a look!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Greg Davis said:

This is a wonderful offer!

The castings I am most looking for are the 14 closed gunports (roughly 1cm wide) as well as the (8 cm) ship's boat. The capstan is also missing, but that I can recreate if necessary.

If you do find them, we can arrange shipping etc.

Thanks!

Greg

I can provide the ship's boat and several other parts leftover from my La Couronne build.  In a couple days, I can dig around in the parts box and provide a list of the Corel parts.  I did not use them, since my build was heavily modified.   I have most of the pressed fiber window frames, the ship's boat, the figurehead, the stern lanterns, some of the fleur-de-lis other decorations, all of the false cannon barrels and more.  I can provide pictures later.

Edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS

2 hours ago, DARIVS ARCHITECTVS said:

I can provide the ship's boat and several other parts leftover from my La Couronne build.  In a couple days, I can dig around in the parts box and provide a list of the Corel parts.  I did not use them, since my build was heavily modified.   I have most of the pressed fiber window frames, the ship's boat, the figurehead, the stern lanterns, some of the fleur-de-lis other decorations, all of the false cannon barrels and more.  I can provide pictures later.

Thank you so much for the offer! I really look forward to what you might be able to fill in the missing gaps from my kit. I do have the window frames (unlike you, there is no way I'm going to do all the work to open up and lighting he cupolas!), stern lanterns, and false cannon barrels.

Greg