Dandy II by Dikar / Missing hull framing and instructions..help?

Buoy Wonder

Hello!!!

A kit just came into my possession out of someones dusty attic and thought maybe a possibility once I'm finished my Bounty build as she's a nice looking ship.

After looking at everything I realize that there seems to be some important things missing.  I found very little about Dinkar online other than this ship is a POF build.  And old!!  So I seem to be missing the frames and there is no instructions so I am unsure as to what else isn't here.  

So I humbly come to you good people for any information on this kit.  The plans show nothing of the hull and its guts.  I am only about halfway through my first build ever, but I'm not afraid to scratch build if I had something to go from.  

What do you think?  Is she salvageable or just parts? 

post-10453-0-99786000-1391634110_thumb.jpg

If you're not finding anything online, it might just be good for parts, maybe. Leaded parts are probably corroding and the wood might just be dry and splintery.  However, give this a few days as it's possible someone has the plans stashed away. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks mtaylor,

Funny cause I have actually been kind of obsessive about it today.  Should of been working on my "Bounty" but this ones got me intrigued!  I guess because she's rare.  The fittings and details are so uhh... detailed and yes the wood is somewhat dry but I think I can work it.  I will hold out because I don't want to scrap her as of yet.  

I am afraid the really important parts are missing and there is not much you can do with this half kit.  It looks though like a french fishing tuna ship, plans of which can readily be bought in France, and probably in Britain as well.  Or you could find kits of that ship with Artesania and others for sure.

JP

I agree with you. Too bad cause I would have liked to build her. I have already started bashing my bounty build with some of her treasures.

Funny there is so little on the internet regarding Dikar. It seems like an old kit. I can't even tell if they were reputable or not. The quality seems pretty good.

Greetings Mspringer!!!

That would be fantastic!!! It was given to me with the assumption it was complete, but I'm guessing whoever originally had this model started and got as far as the hull and planking, then stopped for whatever reason. The planking for the second layer seems to be sparse but it seems the first layer wood is still accounted for. Makes me think....maybe an oops?

Edited by Buoy Wonder

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Re: Dikar : Dandy II Tunny Fishing Boat  Ref 350

I too have this kit and have been building it for some time. I'd be glad to share any information you might need. However, I am hoping you might aid me with a missing piece as well. I do not have the list of parts. It's a single sheet of paper with the heading " List of Materials". My kit too came to me second hand. It wasn't started, but is missing many components I fear. Mast dowels and deck furniture among them. I have pre cut lengths of wood but no idea to their corresponding numbers on the plans and in the instruction manual. The booklet and plans are somewhat crude as you may have noted. With a material list at least I can replace missing dimensional pieces as I think they are provided on that sheet. Any help you can offer retrieving the list is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much !

Shawn

Edited by spaz

• 5 months later...

Hello and my apologies for the extremely late reply. I was unfortunately involved in an accident at work that has left me thumbless on my left hand. So my modeling career has been on hold since December of last year. But I have just pulled out my current bounty build to continue!!!

The dandy model I have does have a parts list I believe. I will check again and if you still would like it I can figure a way to get it to you. I don't have a scanner but maybe pics might work. It's been awhile since you asked but let me know.

Buoy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the same kit different box fully complete In my mums attic yesterday. Was a gift to my dad who never started it so I'll start it soon it has all the parts all in Perfect condition even the wood it's over 17yrs old unbelievable. Msg me if u need anything I have all the instructions aswel and part numbers. Wonder what it's worth money wise