CA Glue Applicator

Hey there!

Just found these CA glue applicators. It's hard to get for me since being in Turkey. But may be useful for someone :)

Check the link below.

http://www.uschivdr.com/products-in-detail/ca-glue-applicator/

And with this note made me smile ; 

Easy cleaning with Acetone or an open Flame, like a candle for instance.:-) Please dont do this at the same time, ok? Thank you. :-) "

Cheers, Bugra.

Edited by Bugra

There is nothing that a little sanding can't solve.. Bugra.

Current Builds : 

H.M.S. Triton Cross Section by Bugra - 1/48

Turkish Traditional Ship - Surmene Takasi by Bugra - 1:35

I've bought things off the internet from Germany Bugra, I'll give them a try, 10 Euros isn't too bad and it may help stop sticking my fingers together lol

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Try one of those calligraphy pens. Same idea. In the US you can get those at Micheals or any other craft shop.

But you have to experiment because the viscosity of the glue has a lot to do with this. Gap filling CA does not work as well.

Edited by Modeler12

Jay

Current build Cross Section USS Constitution  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10120-cross-section-forward-area-of-the-uss-constitution/

Finished USS Constitution:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/103-uss-constitution-by-modeler12/

'A picture is worth a  . . . . .'      More is better . . . .

For very small amounts of glue I simply use a small length of fine wire. The wire can be bent or shaped if I need to reach into tight quarters. If I need a bit more glue, I make a tiny loop at the end of the wire and apply the glue to it, then a quick touch right where I want it and it flows into the joint of the parts.

The diameter of the wire or size of the small loop determine how much glue is transferred.

- Joe

Joe Zappa

Member, Nautical Research Guild & Puget Sound Ship Modelers

Stick a sewing needle in the end of a piece of dowel (drill a pilot hole and CA glue it in place) and cut off the end of the needle eye.  You have a glue applicator.  I put some drops of glue on a piece of glass I keep nearby (it doesn't dry for some time) and pick up small amounts with the end of the applicator.  When the glue dries and builds up a bit, I scrape it clean with an old Xacto blade.

Maury