Work Table

While in the hospital I used the table that they kept by the bed. What I found out was that the top could be extended to almost twice the depth. With the raised edges going around you would never have parts roll off. It is mobile and can be raised up so that it could fit over the bed or your lap if you are sitting in your lounge chair. If I knew where to get one at a good price that wood be nice for working in a small area for many of us.

David B

David:

That's exactly what I use for my airbrushing.  I originally got it for rigging - the up and down adjustability made it great for raising when I wanted to work on the deadeyes - with the chair lowered, or lowering the table and raising the chair when working on the tops.  There are medical supply businesses that rent and sell this type of equipment for in home use and they routinely dispose of stuff all the time.  When you get back home you can check this out.  I will keep my eyes open for one. 

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

That is a great idea. Simple and inexpensive.  Plus they appear to have a complete range of movement, raise and lower, tilt as well as being on wheels to move around.  

I checked Amazon and they seem to run in the $50 range.  Not too bad.

I might try one out when I get to the rigging stage.

Richard

Edited by rtropp

Richard
Member: The Nautical Research Guild
                Atlanta Model Shipwrights

Current build: Syren

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye open here. It would be perfect for my sisters place.

David B