Mary Ann By Gundorph - Billing Boats

Hi I am getting started with my Mary Ann from Billing Boat, So here's a picture of how far I've come so far. This is my first model ship I'm building.
When I am "only" 28 years I think that I will achieve to become so good at building large ships. My big dream is to build a HMS Victory when I feel I can handle it ... There's gonna built a number of other ships before.

Sorry for my English

post-14728-0-51890000-1408859577_thumb.jpg

Current Build:

U.S. Brig Syren 

hi there Gundorph.....looking pretty good with your build :). I built this boat as well.....a very fun build to do. I also built the Cux 87 {basically the same hull}. I have logs here that you can look up. I wish I can say more at the moment, but I have to get ready for work :(

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye... I am also satisfied with the build so far... Nice for me to start with. I have read your buildlog many many times and i am very impressed of your Mary Ann. It has bin an big motivation for me to read and a big help also... I am not nearly as good as you but i hope to be... :) I will post more pictures when the build come futher together. I look forward to begin planking.  :D 

Edited by Gundorph

Current Build:

U.S. Brig Syren 

Hi Gundorph and welcome to the site.

Mary Ann was also my first wood model. You have made a great choice. Now I am contemplating my 8th model ship! So I think Mary Ann is a good beginning for a long journey with model ships.

Good luck with your build. You have made a fine start.

Peter

Build Log: Billing - Cutty Sark

In The Gallery: HMS Unicorn, HMAV Bounty, L'Etoile, Marie Jeanne, Lilla Dan, Zeeschouw "Irene"

A Toast: To a wind that blows, A ship that goes, And the lass that loved a sailor!

this is a great hull to work with......I made the M&M boat with the same hull :) it's got some nice bones, if you want to bash her a little. I have a set of build logs that I did on the Word Press site...they go a little more in depth.... I can give you the link if you like.

I mentioned the Cux 87......I got a few ideas from that build....you should go to the Billing's site and look over the instructions for that kit {you can even download them}. it's the same hull, just fitted differently.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

http://maryanndrydock.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/the-mary-ann-part-1/

you should be able to view all of the logs with this link.....just click on the months on the right. the odd thing about this site, is they show the links to other logs at the bottom of the page, but they are not in order usually. I hope you find them helpfull

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

gotta love that mahogany!   I do my deck layouts the same way........when the structures are in place on the deck,  there are no separation lines  :)    you've made some splendid progress there..........no matter about time........take your time,  and enjoy the build  ;)     one of these days,  I'll get another kit myself!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: