Chinese junk ?

Vett

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see any build logs for this ship.   I'd suggest start a build log and let us look over your shoulder.  It'll be the best way to help, advice, and encouragement.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I am currently building the Artesania Latina kit of the Chinese junk, "Red Dragon."   I believe I have a kit from a recently produced batch, judging from the contents of the box.  

The quality of the kit is excellent and the instructions are very good.  

There is plenty of opportunity to customize the model and make a different version of a three mast junk if you want.  Or you can stick with building the ship out of the box as is.  The full size plans show the length to be 19 inches.  There may be kits for larger junks out there, but, I could not find one.

Hope this information is useful.

angler

I did the Amati junk and agree that the plans aren't the best.  I did a lot of departing from the plans which didn't quite qualify as bashing and I'm pretty happy with the result.  Definitely don't use the plastic boats!

post-1209-0-48739100-1413158285_thumb.jpg

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal