Personal Messages

I'm having a PM conversation with another member about stern details on a model and am getting the message that the user is blocked and can't participate. He in turn is getting the message "You have been banned from this conversation". What is this about? I haven't pushed he buttons that I can recall that would lead me to ban him...and I have no reason to.

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

So I was exchanging personal messages with another user today, and I tried to go back and look at a prior message, and I now get this:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10275]

You have been banned from this personal conversation.

I responded to the other user, and he responded that he is getting the same thing, and has no idea why.  When I click on the link in the notification email for that message, I get the same thing.  All three of my conversations with him are now gone in my conversations list, but I have a different conversation with him from a few days ago, and it's still allowing me to see it without any issue.

Color me puzzled.

I'm that other user and posted on the same topic at the same time!

I'm wondering if my membership has been hacked somehow????

Cheers

Alistair

Check how full your inbox is. If it hits 100%, you won't be able to send or receive any more messages. Time to delete some old messages to free up inbox space.

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Not an issue for me either.

My message now is:

"You cannot reply.

All other recepients have left this conversation".

Brian is "Blocked".

Weird.

Cheers

Alistair

Can you 'unblock' me?  I don't show you as blocked, when I click on your profile I have the option to block you, not unblock.

Edit: Not when I click on your profile, but when I look at the top of our conversation from yesterday, under your name I have the 'block' option.

Edited by GuntherMT

Yep I "unblocked" you a while back but didn't make any difference. Don't know how I might of "blocked" you in the first place. I certainly didn't intend to :)

Cheers

Alistair

I merged both the topics on this and will let the admins know.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark.

I've had a hard time cleaning my computer of malware,adware and spyware in the last few days - I wonder if these nasty things infected my membership and activity here. My daughter caused the infection on Tuesday but we have no idea how she did it. My computer is all clear now through a long cleaning process...

Cheers

Alistair

Hmm.... did either or both of you get an upgrade on your browser.. say to IE 11?

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I'm a Firefox lad too. IE is disabled on my computer and has been for a while. B)

Cheers

Alistair

Ok...no joy on that then but I had to ask.    Neither one of you has blocked the other... inboxes mostly empty... 

We'll have to wait on Jim H. then. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Sent a new test message to Alistair, and he got it and responded, and I can still open that conversation, but the two we 'lost' still don't show up in my conversation list, and if I use the email notification link to attempt to get to it, it gives the no permission message.

Thanks for trying to help!

I echo Brian's thanks Mark. I think this might be a one-off glitch so I'm not to fussed about a fix.

Cheers

Alistair